Integra equipment vs Lexicon

Gary Robertson
Gary Robertson Posts: 201
edited February 2003 in 2 Channel Audio
I see these two producta at m high end
store and i love them botn -Price wise the integra is cool and performs beautifuly but the lexicon --Boy !!
i have never seen anything like hatbut the price--wow !! Which one would you buy to power 5 channel surround??
System #2
Yamaha cdc-755,(20 bit DAC )
Yamaha KX W382 cassette deck,
ADCOM GFA-545-II.ampfilier,,
ADCOM GFP-450 Preamp ,,BBE audio Restoration System (ARS)--Monster--M850I Innerconects and Monster 14 gauge speaker cable and the Fabulous POLK RT-7's with a Velodyne 12/15 subwoofer system ....she rocks.........
System #1:
Meridian 508-24 cd.(20 bit DAC)
Adcom -Gfp 750 preamp,
Bryston 14b-sst amplifier,
Martin Logan Prodigy Electrostatc speakers.and Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II innerconnects (rca) with Acoustic Zen Satori Shotgun speaker cable.
............................. "Jazz is democracy in music".
Post edited by Gary Robertson on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited February 2003
    I assume your referring to Integra research correct??Really good sounding gear dude.Lexicon is also Incredible.

Which one would I buy to power my 5 channel surround?Easy the one that sounds best with MY speakers.
    They are both well made and very good sounding.THX allday
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • joe6pak
    joe6pak Posts: 267
    edited February 2003
    Gary.

What price range are you looking at?

joe
  • Gary Robertson
    edited February 2003
    !000 to 1500--tax return coming soon.
    System #2
    ADCOM GFP-450 Preamp ,,BBE audio Restoration System (ARS)--Monster--M850I Innerconects and Monster 14 gauge speaker cable and the Fabulous POLK RT-7's with a Velodyne 12/15 subwoofer system ....she rocks.........
    System #1:
    Adcom -Gfp 750 preamp,
    Martin Logan Prodigy Electrostatc speakers.and Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II innerconnects (rca) with Acoustic Zen Satori Shotgun speaker cable.
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited February 2003
    I have heard the Lexicon and it sounded amazing. It was hooked up to a 5ch Adcom amp and B&W all around. Never heard Integra but I'm willing to bet the Lexicon sounds better.

Maurice
  • Gary Robertson
    edited February 2003
    i think i read somewhere on this site that integra was the elite of Onkyo.
    probably if excellent..lexicon always has high praise but now for an even less expensive price i have seen the new Yamaha top o' the line stuff--also very impressive-i have been a 2 channel freak for 28 years--but thx and stuff i am very green at..this could be a hard decision for me..gosh they're all so nice.i like what Mantis said about what sounds best through my speakers-good idea -i could take then in there and try that..
    System #2
    System #1:
    Adcom -Gfp 750 preamp,