Sacd

Options
carvinman1
carvinman1 Posts: 62
edited February 2003 in Electronics
Are there any entry level SACD players worth buying? I notice that a number of them are also DVD video players. I have been thinking about diving into the SACD pool, but don't want to dive into the financial deep end. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Danny
Post edited by carvinman1 on

Comments

• tonyv1
    tonyv1 Posts: 365
    edited February 2003
    Options
    The Philips DVD763SA goes for $199 at Music Direct. Also checkout the Philips DVD963SA for $499, it has a 24/192 upsampler for CDs.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Sony DVP-NS755V - DVD player with SACD - MSRP around $250.

Sony SCD-C222ES - ES 5 disc CD/SACD only changer - MSRP was around $750 but you can find them for less than $350.

Both very good SACD players and the Sony SCD-C222ES is a pretty good redbook CD player.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Danny,
    Here is a starter solid unit: SONY SCD-C222ES 5-DISC SACD/CD
    best price at $350 at Oade Brothers (Atlanta), 5 years ES guarantee, modable....the tray is a bit noisy, but has a good transformer....

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-2vuD7OMTiEY/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=158SCDC222

This one doesn't play DVD-V, but it is a very decent SACD player worthy of listening test, at least..

Or, Sony DVP-NS755V DVD/CD/SACD Player ($250 msrp- $215 street) as a basic starter machine with DVD-V progressive. Personally, I would go with the ES, better quality and warranty...but it's just me
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Shack,
    you beat me to the punch and funny that we came up with exactly the same suggestions....scary!
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Great minds think alike!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • carvinman1
    carvinman1 Posts: 62
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Thanks for your help.
    Danny