Defective Tweets???

Options
nellis8166
nellis8166 Posts: 292
edited February 2003 in Speakers
I was listening to a CD tonight in surround mode and I noticed something very odd; in a couple of passages on one song there was distortion in the high freq. that I heard from the center and in the left and right surround. Keep in mind it was at a very low volume so that was not the issue. I have not listened to this CD since I got my new setup which consists of LSiC, LSi9's and RTi28 for side and rear surrounds. The LSi's are powered by an Adcom GFA 7400 and the surrounds are run by a HK 525 receiver.
I am wondering if it could just be the CD??? I hear things in CD's and movies that I have never heard before...the only way I can describe it is disgustingly accurate. The CD is fairly old too, I was thinking that CD quality could be an issue here??? This only has happened on this one track on this particular CD. Everything else sounds wonderful. If I had defective tweets wouldn't I hear it all the time??? Hope this makes sense and somebody can share a similar situation or any insight for that matter. Thanks!

-N
RTi10
CSi5
RTi28
SVS PB12-ISD2

Denon 2106(pre/pro)
Adcom 5503(200x3)

Audioquest Diamondback ICS
Kimber Kable 8tc biwire(mains and center)

"Don't let your silly dreams fall in between the crack of the bed and the wall."
-J. James
Post edited by nellis8166 on

Comments

• MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited February 2003
    Options
    I would think if they were defective, u would hear it all the time. If u hear it on one song, it is probally that song.
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited February 2003
    Options
    2 times tonight, Im on a roll man! :D
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • nellis8166
    nellis8166 Posts: 292
    edited February 2003
    Options
    You are on fire Sid!!!
    Thanks for the insight guys. Appreciate it as always.

-N
    RTi10
    CSi5
    RTi28
    SVS PB12-ISD2

Denon 2106(pre/pro)
    Adcom 5503(200x3)

Audioquest Diamondback ICS
    Kimber Kable 8tc biwire(mains and center)

"Don't let your silly dreams fall in between the crack of the bed and the wall."
    -J. James