sub enclosure (sealed or bandpass?)

Options
polkaudiosupra101
polkaudiosupra101 Posts: 48
edited November 2001 in Technical/Setup
i have the 88 supra and i recently had 200 watts hooked up to my gnx124 it hit great in my dual bandpass comp box even with a crappy amp well now i have a 800 watt pyramid amp hooked up to it. now i know that the bandpass box is the best for a hatchback but i figure that with that many watts going to the sub that perhaps a sealed box would be better for lower notes. second is it a good idea to put 800 watts to my gnx124? it hits but i cant really tell how well cuz my plexiglass is cracked on the sealed side. any advice would be great thanx.
Post edited by polkaudiosupra101 on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Saw you posted in the 'infield' forum, no need to hit multiple forums, I'm sure Kim or a fellow member will get you an answer......

R
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • polkaudiosupra101
    polkaudiosupra101 Posts: 48
    edited November 2001
    Options
    perhaps by posting in both i can reach all guests and members as opposed to only some of both
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Try the car audio forum, since this is a car audio question.....

The know-hows on this side of the fence, that also deal with cs always take a look 'over there' anyway.

R
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • slack56
    slack56 Posts: 68
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Forget bandpass, sealed or ported. Go to Car Forum I don't like to repeat myself

Polk Dog