RT2000i tweeter upgrade

Options
Stephen Bayley
Stephen Bayley Posts: 17
edited February 2003 in Speakers
I have a set of RT2000i as front channel and a set of RTi38 as the rear. The RTi38 are a newer model and feature the new silk/polymer dome tweeter. The RT2000i have the older tri-laminate metal dome.

Both types of tweeters fit inside the same anti diffraction bezel and appear to be the same size and fit. I expect the newer tweeter should fit straight in.

There may be cross over differences between the two speaker models, however both models use the same 6.5 inch mid-bass driver and the crossover frequencies are very close (2.2kHz 2nd order for the '38 and 2.5kHz 2nd order for the '2000). I wonder if the crossover schematics are available so I could assertain whether there are any significent differences

I quess the issue is is it possible to upgrade the RT2000i tri-laminate tweeters to the newer RTi38 silk/polymer type.
Post edited by Stephen Bayley on

Comments

• HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Bump

Is how ya move a thread back up to the Top. I would definetly call Polk Customer Service for the info you are looking for. Ken sent me schematics about a year ago and all it took was a call.

Welcome to the forum and have fun.

Regards
    HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • Stephen Bayley
    Stephen Bayley Posts: 17
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Hey thanks for the feedback.
    I wasn't sure if Polk would provide direct advise on this type of thing, or if they would pass on the schematics. The new tweeters in the RTi38 are certainly superior to the tri-laminate design from my listening tests, and I want to upgrade the fronts to the same standard. I don't want the cost of purchasing a set of new front speakers at this point.