FS: Two Channel Amplifiers B&K + Denon

Options
swegyptian
swegyptian Posts: 316
edited October 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Both Sold!

Hey there everyone, it's time to unload some gear. I don't have a need for these amps anymore, and I would really like to keep them, but of course that's a bit silly. Up for sale they go!

1. B&K ST3030 amp. I got this amp used not too long ago, and I just don't have a use for it, as I bought a B&K7250 instead. I don't have the original box, but I have the manual (not sure if it's original) and the power cable. There are a few marks visible on the faceplate, three of them I think. They are visible in the pictures. Asking $430 shipped in the 48. Here are some pics. EDIT $375 shipped.

IMG_11552.JPG

IMG_11562.JPG

1. Denon POA-5200 amp. I also bought this amp used, and have no box or manual. I used it at 4ohms to power my front speakers in my system, and the improvement was night and day over using my Pioneer Elite to power them. This amp is nearly mint. Asking $375 shipped again in the 48 states. Again, some pics. EDIT $325 shipped.

IMG_11642.JPG

IMG_11682.JPG

Both amps are not currently in use, and are ready to ship. No BS on waiting for someone to get something new with your money while you wait. :P

I will take paypal, MO, or a check, if you can wait for it to clear. You can also check my eBay feedback, my username is the same as here.

Thanks,
Alex
Post edited by swegyptian on

Comments

• swegyptian
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Oops, I never ran the Denon at 4ohms. I meant 8. Maybe now you want to buy it? :)
  • swegyptian
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Price drop. $375 shipped for the B&K, and $325 shipped for the Denon.
  • ABX
    ABX Posts: 109
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Prices seem pretty fair ?
    I like the older B&K power amps myself.
    Some Denon's had Sanken output transistors if I recall.
    Maybe it was their top of line monoblocks.
    They started with POA something ?
  • swegyptian
    edited October 2007
    Options
    I think they had some called some called the POA S1, and they were really expensive, but I'm not too sure about them. I think they had a pair that went for $3,000, and a pair that sold for $10,000 or something.

Now the 5200 is a much better deal. Want to buy it?
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited October 2007
    Options
    There have been many POA series amplifiers produced since the late 70's. They can be found at reasonable prices on the audio market. The POA S1 was around 1993 and an exception to the rule.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • ABX
    ABX Posts: 109
    edited October 2007
    Options
    swegyptian wrote: »
    I think they had some called some called the POA S1, and they were really expensive, but I'm not too sure about them. I think they had a pair that went for $3,000, and a pair that sold for $10,000 or something.

Now the 5200 is a much better deal. Want to buy it?

I am set at amps, but just wanted to say it is a great deal for someone!