Silver PBJ style ICs custom made to order

Options
ben62670
ben62670 Posts: 15,969
edited October 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Well I have been doing some research, and Kimber Silvers come with 2 copper, and one silver Teflon coated conductor. They get $300 a pair for one meter:eek:
Add $100, and you get locking WBT's.
Thats $400 for a pair of IC's

I am doing this to help out fellow Polkie's. It is a very time consuming process. I am not trying to make a fortune. Just wanna hook you guys up with something that made a huge improvement.
Ben

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55854
Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
Thanks
Ben
Post edited by ben62670 on

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,910
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Ben,wanna do a horse trade??
    Mac palladiums for your silvers??
    Retail on the macs is 175-200.00
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited August 2007
    Options
    hey ben, I going to be doing something similar, but all copper, I've heard the copper versions are supposed to be 10 times better improvement from an entry level hi-end cable, and the silver is supposed to be a 4x jump over the copper. Now that I don't have my Adcom any more, we will see if I can hear a difference with the Denon.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,897
    edited August 2007
    Options
    ben62670 wrote: »
    I am doing this to help out fellow Polkie's. It is a very time consuming process. I am not trying to make a fortune. Just wanna hook you guys up with something that made a huge improvement.
    Ben

Gee, what a guy. :rolleyes:
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited August 2007
    Options
    silver IC's really do make a difference.. I think everyone should try a pair in their system and see what the difference is. i did a while back. and did notice a difference in SQ. not just a small diff, but a pretty large one.

although, if your system tends to be on the bright side.. silver IC's will only make it worse. in the right situation, silver wires can really be worth the extra cost.

I am curious to try out a pair for myself again.

If a person had all silver IC's in their system, they'd be dropping a pretty penny on them.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Good stuff Ben. Be careful though there are some that feel entitled to your merchandise for less than what it cost you to make.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Good stuff Ben. Be careful though there are some that feel entitled to your merchandise for less than what it cost you to make.

yeah me! LOL

JK!
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • ben62670
    edited August 2007
    Options
    dragon1952 wrote: »
    Gee, what a guy. :rolleyes:

Yes
    I am a monster asking a 1/3 to a 1/4 of the online prices. I am also using all silver, not one silver, and 2 coppers. :rolleyes: back at ya

Thanks for your interest Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • bpgunning
    bpgunning Posts: 28
    edited August 2007
    Options
    newb question time -- what are Neutrik's? i googled it and they appear to be connectors, but are they very high-end or something? and when you say "Also I could do Neutrik's for $100", do you mean $100 extra or $100 total?
    My 2 ch. rig
    RTi10 Cherry (bi-wire)
    HK AVR 445
    Xbox 360 w/ HD-DVD attachment
    Not too bad for a dorm room I think? :D
  • ben62670
    edited August 2007
    Options
    bpgunning wrote: »
    newb question time -- what are Neutrik's? i googled it and they appear to be connectors, but are they very high-end or something? and when you say "Also I could do Neutrik's for $100", do you mean $100 extra or $100 total?
    $100 total for a stereo pair of Silver IC's with midline Nuetriks
    $150 a pair for locking RCA's.

Bottom of the line Neutrik's are good, but have weak petals that make contact with the outside of the RCA jacks. Mid line Neutrik's are well built with a spring strain relief. Locking connectors the barrels actually screw down tight to the outside of the jacks. I used to think they were going overboard, but for high end cables locking is worth it. Weak connections = poor sound. Some manufactures use very tight jackets that grip so hard that it feels like you are going to rip the sleeve off of the RCA jack, and yes this has happened.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,430
    edited August 2007
    Options
    ben62670 wrote:
    Some manufactures use very tight jackets that grip so hard that it feels like you are going to rip the sleeve off of the RCA jack, and yes this has happened.
    Really? I've never had that happen except 5 times.

1952........What? I don't see your logic.

You go Ben! Power be to the Polkies! And only to the Polkies. Then it was written. On this forum as it was in Audioheaven.:p ;)
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • ben62670
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Thanks
    Ben
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2007
    Options
    I've had these in my rig now for three months. I have two pair, 2 meters each with WBT 0101 connectors. One pair from the preamp to the Parasound amp which powers the tweeter array of the 1.2 TLs and one pair from the preamp to the Adcom mono blocks which power the mid-woofers.

I tested in using two different preamps a VTL TL 5.5 and a Spectral DMC 10G.

Ben did a burn in on the cables for me so I was able to do my critical listening right away.

Amazingly enough the ICs produced the same improvements from two different preamps. The improvements are as follows;

1. The image is much more detailed in the high frequencies. At first I thought there was brightness but that wasn't it, it is more air around each instrument or vocal in the sound field. That is as subjective a description as there is but each time I switch back to the originals and then back I get this same improvement.

2. There is a much more open sound to the sound stage this was even more evident on the Spectral. The VTL was already very open sounding but the image seemed more airy.

3. The improvement in bass response was startling! I was shocked at how these skinny little wires tighend up and seem to get the bass digging deeper.

4. There was an overall sense of wider soundstage and I can hear the hall endings on some classical recordings.

I placed the original wire back in and it sounded like blankets were placed over the speakers.

The original ICs on the low frequency amps were Belden cables with Canary RCA terminations. The ICs on the high frequency amp were Garth Silver ICs with WBT 0101 connectors which are no slouch. As a matter of fact these Garth ICs cost more than 10 times the cost of these ICs that Ben makes.

Again I couldn't believe that these skinny looking wires could make such an improvement.

Bravo Ben.