just ordered my new stuff for my subs.

Options
goingganzo
goingganzo Posts: 2,793
edited February 2003 in Electronics
i just ordered my 1000 wat amp and interconect cabble and bass box with the help of dr spec

i would like to thank dr spec for all his help.

just hope i someday get my subs. that is what you get for pre ordering a new sub. some times you get hickoups in the suply chain that throws off dilivery.
Post edited by goingganzo on

Comments

• Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Bryan:

I was really starting to worry........I never heard back from you at work and SVS was standing by waiting for you to complete the sale.

For a while I thought you bagged on me - glad you pulled through. I didn't want to call in the favor over at SVS unless I knew you were serious and ready to buy.

For the record Bryan got a GREAT deal. We were looking for a B-Stock S1000 and there were none on the website. 5 minutes after my email to SVS sales, one suddenly "appeared" in B-Stock. I suspect you are getting a "new-used" ;) S1000, Bryan.

Here's the total breakdown:

Samson S1000 500 WPC x 2 into 4 ohms: $365
    Better Cables rca-1/4" interconnect: $26.95
    SVS01 Marchand Bass Box: $159

The Samson S1000 can be run in parallel mode with one input and dual mono output into a 4 ohm load. Just the ticket for running a dual Stryke AV15 sub with two input cups.

For less than 6 bills delivered, you now have a 1,000 watt rig that has up to 18 dB of pre-out signal gain (if needed), infinitely variable phase control, and a 3 position subsonic filter. You couldn't ask for a more flexible sub electronics rig.

Way to go! The Samson is a brutally powerful and rugged touring style amp perfect for high current sub applications - you will enjoy all it has to offer, I'm sure. :cool:

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • goingganzo
    edited February 2003
    Options
    actuley i put a standard 1/4-1/4 cabble insteas of the 1/4 -rca cabble. i wrote them a email thanking then and saso to sak them to change my order to the wright cabble.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited February 2003
    Options
    I'm actually on day-shift now. I'd love to see, hear, and feel this sucker when you get it going.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • goingganzo
    edited February 2003
    Options
    no prob i have ben very busy at work. i hope i get my subs soon after i get the amp.

i just hope the amp dont draw the 9 amps of curent i think it might if i get all 1000 wats running. I=curent V=voltage P= power

P=I*V plug in 1000 wats and 110 vac
    P/V=I and you get 9 amps of curent.
  • goingganzo
    edited February 2003
    Options
    just got my email from svs with tracking # i will get the amp, bass box and cabble in the 12 cant wait till then. but it might be another 2-3 weeks wait for the subs. that what i get for ordering a pre order. not even maid yet..... sub
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Dr. Spec
    Bryan:

I was really starting to worry........I never heard back from you at work and SVS was standing by waiting for you to complete the sale.

For a while I thought you bagged on me - glad you pulled through. I didn't want to call in the favor over at SVS unless I knew you were serious and ready to buy.

For the record Bryan got a GREAT deal. We were looking for a B-Stock S1000 and there were none on the website. 5 minutes after my email to SVS sales, one suddenly "appeared" in B-Stock. I suspect you are getting a "new-used" ;) S1000, Bryan.

Here's the total breakdown:

Samson S1000 500 WPC x 2 into 4 ohms: $365
    Better Cables rca-1/4" interconnect: $26.95
    SVS01 Marchand Bass Box: $159

The Samson S1000 can be run in parallel mode with one input and dual mono output into a 4 ohm load. Just the ticket for running a dual Stryke AV15 sub with two input cups.

For less than 6 bills delivered, you now have a 1,000 watt rig that has up to 18 dB of pre-out signal gain (if needed), infinitely variable phase control, and a 3 position subsonic filter. You couldn't ask for a more flexible sub electronics rig.

Way to go! The Samson is a brutally powerful and rugged touring style amp perfect for high current sub applications - you will enjoy all it has to offer, I'm sure. :cool:

Doc

So what's your connection here Dr. Spec?
  • goingganzo
    edited February 2003
    Options
    dr spec got me a deal on the bass box. he got 40 bucks knocked off for me.
    the olny thing i enjoy more than my audio is getting a good deal on it.
    like selling my sub on here to a felow polk member at a good price.
    helping each other out is what i am on here for. i try and enrich others with my knollage. had help others in need. i fix comps cheap for nice people. i am working on a comp for a lady i chat with . it is real old and i think she needs a new mobo so if she wants to spend the cash i was planing on charging her about 20-30 bucks for all my work.
  • Dr. Spec
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by wallstreet

So what's your connection here Dr. Spec?

Actually, Gonzo got more than just $40 off the bass box.

There were no "B-stock" S1000 amps on the website when I emailed them, and they threw (what I strongly suspect was) a new one on B-Stock 5 minutes after my email just for him. Could have been coincidence, but I highly doubt it. A new S1000 goes for $459, so you coud say he saved $94 off the amp too.

Anyway, the only "connection" I have at SVS (if you can call it that) is I have provided a lot of on-line support over at HTF for their products, and their potential and actual customers.

I know the product line as well as or better than anyone out there and I have been either directly or indirectly responsible for a bunch of sales over there. They are a small company, and they live and die in the forums, and they really appreciate enthusiastic and knowlegable owners helping out.

To show their appreciation, they might help me or a referral of mine with a sale. No promises, but it can't hurt to ask - back scratching goes both ways.

They are a VERY cool company - I'm an SVS customer for life. I wish I could find a reason to spend more money over there, but their products are so good, I can't! So the next best thing is to spread the good word and help others sort out their questions and buying decisions.

SVS
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Dr. Spec

Actually, Gonzo got more than just $40 off the bass box.

There were no "B-stock" S1000 amps on the website when I emailed them, and they threw (what I strongly suspect was) a new one on B-Stock 5 minutes after my email just for him. Could have been coincidence, but I highly doubt it. A new S1000 goes for $459, so you coud say he saved $94 off the amp too.

Anyway, the only "connection" I have at SVS (if you can call it that) is I have provided a lot of on-line support over at HTF for their products, and their potential and actual customers.

I know the product line as well as or better than anyone out there and I have been either directly or indirectly responsible for a bunch of sales over there. They are a small company, and they live and die in the forums, and they really appreciate enthusiastic and knowlegable owners helping out.

To show their appreciation, they might help me or a referral of mine with a sale. No promises, but it can't hurt to ask - back scratching goes both ways.

They are a VERY cool company - I'm an SVS customer for life. I wish I could find a reason to spend more money over there, but their products are so good, I can't! So the next best thing is to spread the good word and help others sort out their questions and buying decisions.

Cool. I'm in need of a good sub. My LS90's go pretty low, so I'll need a nice one that can go real low. Otherwise, I'll just be wasting money.
  • Dr. Spec
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by wallstreet

Cool. I'm in need of a good sub. My LS90's go pretty low, so I'll need a nice one that can go real low. Otherwise, I'll just be wasting money.

Some questions:

1) What are your music and HT preferences re: bass? Do you like organ music, and hot bass DVDs?

2) How loud will you play bass-aggressive music or HT?

3) How big is your room and what are the permanent openings to other rooms, and how far away from the sub will you be sitting?

4) What are your expectations (subjectively) from a subwoofer?

5) Do your prefer a self powered sub, or a passive sub because you already have a spare high current external amp?

6) Do you prefer a cylinder profile, or a box?

7) What is your budget range?

SVS