to bridge or bi-amp?

2»

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited February 2003
    Gridrah,
    Would a pre-power amp x-over be the same as the speakers' internal? or is it scaled down for the reduced pre-amp out signal?

If you added the pre-power x-over, would the speakers' internal x-over have to be removed from the circuit?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Lsi9
    Lsi9 Posts: 616
    edited February 2003
    I see benefits in Bi-amping...but my question is; on the Lsi9's am I to assume the top terminals are for the high frequency...??

Audio Physic Scorpio II
    Pathos Logos
    MIT Shotgun S3
    Bada HD-22 CDP
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2003
    Imo, speakers don't DRAW, they are FED. Put a passive (or active) network BEFORE the amp in the chain, then we can talk about feedings.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited February 2003
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    Put a passive (or active) network BEFORE the amp in the chain, then we can talk about feedings.

Cheers,
    Rooster

OK then... I have said I have an 800i in parallel with an RTA8T. If I remove the crossovers on both speaks and use an electronic crossover externally can I run only the highs, L/R and lows, L/R on 2 amps? I don't think impedance is a problem with the Outlaw.

Just a thought....

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited February 2003
    Originally posted by Tour2ma
    Gridrah,
    Would a pre-power amp x-over be the same as the speakers' internal? or is it scaled down for the reduced pre-amp out signal?

If you added the pre-power x-over, would the speakers' internal x-over have to be removed from the circuit?

Yes and yes. They are typically rack mountable, but there are also sleek looking silver finished audiophile grade x-overs.

The main reason I'm interested in them is that I've been thinking about building some 2 way speakers. A cheap stereo 2-way (with sub x-over) can be had for around $100-150.
    Make it Funky! :)