I can't take it anymore, everywhere I look...

Ron-P
Ron-P Posts: 8,516
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie Polkie

Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp Meeeeeeeeee:eek:

Peace Out~:D
If...
Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited July 2001
    Dude, you're close.

Keep posting.

And don't look over to the left anymore.

Step away from the keyboard...

;)

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • Ron-P
    edited July 2001
    hands up

left eye closed

standing up and stepping away

Now What. Should I go stand in the corner?

PS: Does the polkie title ever change, say after a person makes so many posts, or are we labled this forever?
    If...
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2001
    and you can be like ME.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Ron-P
    edited July 2001
    Oh yes, at least Polkster has a little more status.

Oh I can't wait...........I wanna be just like Russ, I wanna be just like Russ. Hey, this could become a catchy tune.

11 more to go.

If...
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited July 2001
    keep at it Ron...the finish line is in sight.....
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • jeffeb3
    jeffeb3 Posts: 106
    edited July 2001
    I wanna be like russ too. but I just don't think I have the energy. Maybe if I drank some gatorade. Or maybe If I got some air RuSsMaN's.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2001
    One day, your game will be above the rim like mine.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • jeffeb3
    jeffeb3 Posts: 106
    edited July 2001
    :D:D Yeah baby YEAH!!:D :D
  • Ron-P
    edited July 2001
    Damn!

If...
  • mjmcg
    mjmcg Posts: 102
    edited July 2001
    I'm still disappointed in this whole rank program. I have been posting to the polk forum since God knows when, before some of y'all even figured out how to log in, yet now I'm a Polkie!!?? WTF is up with that??
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2001
    This was NOT a good idea. What IS with the stupid titles? Who invented these dumb names? One of the things you have guaranteed, is a boatload of drivel posts just so people get a name change. Dumb.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited July 2001
    As I said in "The Club" it's good for a boat-load of worthless posts and nothing else. Can you find my post where I asked at the bottom, "How am I doing so far WWP"? The WWP stands for "With Worthless Posts".
    Can you find my post that includes "AIIRC"? That stands for "As If I Really Care".
    Exactly, I've been posting for what, around two years, and now all of a sudden I'm a "Polkie" or newbie? Ok, whatever. Although I feel the site is a bit unattractive looking, it's a very fine site all the same. BUT, this Polkie. Polkster, Polk-a-matic, whatever, is dumber than dog crap!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited July 2001
    There should be like a skill/knowledge test which your title was based on, if they want titles. It shouldn't be based on how much you post although Russ and I and others have had quite a bit of fun with it.

Having said that, I agree as guys like Bob, Mike, George, Russ etc. etc. have forgotten more about audio then I will probably ever know, so in that sense the whole title thing should be a bit insulting to them...
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Ron-P
    edited July 2001
    In the year or so I've been posting here, there have always been a boatload of drivel posts. This froum has always been more fun than more serious. Sure there were a few serious ones inbetween all the drivel and worthless posts. Nothing has changed, except the software.

Instead of complaning about others posts, ignore them. If you want a serious thread, start one.

Sure the names are stupid, but so what. I only rag on them because it is fun, which is what this forum is. If you want serious, there are many other forums out there that I am sure are much more serious than this one.

I remember when I first signed on, I would ask a serious question and get a bunch of joke responses mixed in with the few serious ones. This forum has always been one of a non-serious nature.

I find some complain about the very thing they did when we had the old software, posting drivel or worthless posts:confused:

What is the big deal?

"Runs into bedroom to get flame suit"

If...
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited July 2001
    (Picture post with flame thrower in the background.)

The old forum had non-serious posts?
    No! When did that happen?

Someone said non-serious posts are totally out of place and not acceptable in the new forum?
    No! Where did you read that?

Someone say they never posted a non-serious post?
    No! You read that into it too?

Did you stop to think maybe the references to drivel posts in the new forum, refer to the big post-race to the finish line attitute prevalent in the forum now.
    No! I guess that went right by you, and you're not aware of it?

Is it a BIG deal?
    No! Who said it was?

It does look like an accurate observation though.
    No?;)
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2001
    No nukes Falcon. But ya know, what is this Polkie stuff? What did I join a cheerleading club or what?

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)
  • Ron-P
    edited July 2001
    Well, damn! Flame suit is missing, so I'll put on my chearleader outfit instead.

Runs to go get camera and take a pic to post.

If...
  • polkster13
    polkster13 Posts: 37
    edited July 2001
    Oh my God! Just the thought of Ron in a cheerleader uniform sent shivers down my spine. :D In a bad way, not a good way. :p Please, on please, say that digital camera ended up with the Flame suit.

I too have been around for a couple of years and only regard myself as a Polkster (way before they came up with this goofy naming convention) as in jokester who like Polk products. There are plent of people on this board that know way more than me when it comes to audio. I think Justin should go back and determine the number of posts from the previous forum and try to apply that to the new forum. Now that he has such a great site that needs very little else (at least in my opinion), he has plenty of time on his hands to tackle a project like that.:D

Note to Justin: Dude, this is way cooler than the other web page. Keep up the great work!:cool:
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited July 2001
    Originally posted by polkster13
    Now that he has such a great site that needs very little else (at least in my opinion), he has plenty of time on his hands to tackle a project like that.:D

Note to Justin: Dude, this is way cooler than the other web page. Keep up the great work!:cool:

Thanks man, and NO, I don't have time to do that. Besides, I'm trying to work on the system showcase. Everytime I get started, someone wants something else done (not you guys, but here at polk).

~JB
  • polkster13
    polkster13 Posts: 37
    edited July 2001
    And you know how we have all been clammoring for the system showcase! Well, I guess since you ARE working on such a note-worthly project, we will just have to make due with these naming conventions of users for now.:D
  • Ron-P
    edited July 2001
    I got busted.

Got the camera set up on the tri-pod, ready to take the pic and the wife walked in.:o

Needless to say, I had to due some explaining. It might take some time for her to get over the visual.

If...
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited July 2001
    Justin: I need some help with the webstore. And I need you to check these URLs for me. And I need those graphics done by COB today. And then I need the tracking #s from the survey. And also the tracking #s from previous survey. All in a spreadsheet. Now.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney