Enclosure Volume for MM12

rz22g
rz22g Posts: 70
edited September 2007 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I recently picked up two Polk MM12 Subs. The link shown below is the sub I have but I need to build my own enclosure.

http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/products/mm12/

The enclosure in the link states .88 internal volume but the do not specify if this after installing the sub (ie. sub displacement) or before installing the sub.

So does anyone know what the internal volume needs to be for this sub?

I did message support and got this response...

"The sealed enclosure volume is .88 cubic feet. This includes driver
displacement."

I'm not quite sure how to take that. I just want to know how much airspace the enclosure I build should have.... before I put the sub in.
Post edited by rz22g on

Comments

• najahaja
    najahaja Posts: 32
    edited September 2007
    the volumes stated on the site include the sub (ie, it is the total volume you need to build, and NOT add the sub to it).

How do I get to this conclusion? Well, if you add up the volume from the measurements given, you get a higher volume than the volume stated, there it has to include the woofer (it is around 4L for the woofer).
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2007
    Yup.

Total interior volume of the enclosure without the sub in it should be .88 ft3.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D