RT 55 I and low volume

Options
rshambo
rshambo Posts: 2
edited February 2003 in Speakers
I have a pair of RT 55 i's that i purchased in March of 2000. I have recently noticed a problem in a lower level sound output from one of the speakers. I though it was maybe my reciever a yamaha rv1105 , but i rotated the speakers and have tested it on another reciever. It sounds as if the His and Lows are more muffled. Does anyone know what could cause this. Do i have a bad speaker driver ? If so these are still under warranty with polk right ? How do i get it fixed. I dont know if we got the extended warranty with circuit city or not.
Thanks Randy
Post edited by rshambo on

Comments

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited February 2003
    Options
    The warranty on Polks is 5 years. You're easily within that time frame. Since you've duplicated the problem with the same speaker on two different sources, the problem is your speaker. Take it in and have it fixed.........
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • rshambo
    rshambo Posts: 2
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Where or who do i take it to do you know ?
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Depends on whom you bought them from. If you bought from Circuit City or somewhere like that, you'd take the speakers back to them. If you got them from an online retailer, you probably have to either send them back to the company that you got them from or directly to Polk to fix.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.