LSi7's or RTi38's

Options
ChrisDurano
ChrisDurano Posts: 372
edited February 2003 in Speakers
I'm planning on getting some new speaker's for my HT and using them for main's. I currently have a CS245i center, old S4 bookshelfs for my main, f/x 300i for surrounds, and a PSW250. I plan on replacing my S4's w/ either LSi7's or RTi38's. Which one will more likely match my setup. I know the tweeter is different on the newer LSi's, but those LSi's just look soo damn sexy! Eventually, I will upgrade to 7.1, probably using my old S4's for rear surrounds. Any suggestions out there? Thanks.
Home Speakers polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired), CSi30, FX3000i, PSW250

Car speakers polkaudio EX 369, DB 650
Post edited by ChrisDurano on

Comments

• bigsexy1
    bigsexy1 Posts: 557
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Chris, why don't you try to get a used pairof RT35i off of ebay or something? Otherwise, the rti38 would match your current set up better.
  • dark horror
    dark horror Posts: 33
    edited February 2003
    Options
    I would go with the LSi7's the LSi line just sounds so much better than the RT line.
  • bigsexy1
    bigsexy1 Posts: 557
    edited February 2003
    Options
    That may very well be true dark horror, but they wouldn't match all the rest of his speakers that he presently has.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Would you say the difference from the R series to the RTi series or the RTi to LSi is the bigger jump? Just curious. I have never heard the LSi's before. Can you believe there are no dealers anywhere close to Seattle that carry the LSi's? Dang!
  • ChrisDurano
    edited February 2003
    Options
    I think I will go with the RTi38's. I think they will sound good with digital or dts. I listen a lot to 2 channel though, and that's why I was interested in the LSi7's. Its hard finding the older RT35i's and I don't really wanna go the "used" route. I hear ya Shizelbs...I'm down in Portland and there is only 1 place to hear the LSi's and it plays my salsa music so well.

• Joe_Coolster
    Joe_Coolster Posts: 7
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Never fear Joe is here, hahahah. Hey bud I have heard both speakers, I work in a Audio Store that specializes in polk speaker sales. I would go for the RTi38's. All around performance for music and home theater. Plus you save a buck or 2.

Enjoy,
    Joe

RM7600
    PSW650
    Onkyo 600
    51 Sony HDTV

o and a crappy surge protector
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited February 2003
    Options
    hi joe_coolster, welcome to the polk forum , could i ask what audio store you work for. and what other brands they sell, did you compair the polks lsi-line with the others. i was thinking of buying the lsi-9, but cant get a good listen, all the places that sell the lsi-line have them set up wrong.
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • Joe_Coolster
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Hey Joe,

I saw your system profile, looks like a set up for a concert hall, hahahhah. I thought I was bad with all of my toys intil I saw your pics. I'm on Yahoo Messenger joe_coolster or ICQ 12232932
    If you have any questions. Just sitting here chilling this morning. About to take pics of my system and post them also.

Joe
  • Joe_Coolster
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Audio Video Systems, compared them with Infinity's, Bose, and Klipsch and Polks. The LSi-9's are impresive if your are planning on using them for fronts in a home theater, but for music lovers they would fit in as nice backs. Where in the world are you going to put these? I see your pics on your system profile.... looks like your running out of room at your house.
    I recommend these speakers over almost any line that we carry.
    The sound tests I do come from an Onkyo 797 THX 2/DTS/Dobly Dig Receiver.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Hey Joe Logston,

I was checking out some of your system pictures. I was looking at your computer ones too. I noticed you have an Audigy platinum card in your computer. Which one is it? 1 or 2? And do you like it? I am thinking about getting one to replace my SB Live! 5.1. Let me know what you think of it.
  • ChrisDurano
    edited February 2003
    Options
    I love your pics! I especially love the "Spartus" clock on top of your Yamaha Receiver. I always have a hard time knowing what time it is when I'm either listening or watching in my HT.