help with a new receiver

Options
sether82
sether82 Posts: 7
edited February 2003 in Speakers
Currently I've got a pair of RTi28's up front with a CSi30 and two Bose model 100's in the back which will hopefully soon be replaced by two more RTi28's. Also waiting on a PSW250. I'm currently running it all through a Panasonic SA-HE70 with dts, DD, and Pro-Logic II. I'm thinking about upgrading my receiver now that my speakers actually have a pair. I was hoping I could get some opinions on this. Should I get a new receiver or is the Panasonic decent enough? If not, any suggestions on brands and models?
Post edited by sether82 on

Comments

• moorefield
    moorefield Posts: 23
    edited February 2003
    Options
    first, ask yourself if you enjoy the sound from your new system. If the answer is yes, do nothing. If the answer is no, consider upgrading your rear speakers. Your receiver has most of the new processing formats including PLII. Now, i don't think you'd hear much difference by upgrading the receiver...instead, for more "bang for the buck" replace the Bose w/ Polk and you will have a much greater improvement.

A few years back i replaced my Technics sa-930 (DD,DTS,PL) w/ a nice Denon $800 receiver...the result, i could not tell much difference (if any), but the Denon allows more tweaks and overall control than the Technics.
  • Joe_Coolster
    Joe_Coolster Posts: 7
    edited February 2003
    Options
    I agree, change out your back speakers to polks, your probably loosing your mids with the bose. (hahahha) Upgrading your reciever will only help if your reciever does not allow tweaks like speaker distance and +/_db.

Joe

RM7600
    PSW650
    Onkyo 600
    51 Sony HDTV

:D :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: