SDA's w/Audire Forte amp??

Options
gij801
gij801 Posts: 32
edited September 2007 in Vintage Speakers
I am the loving original owner of a pair of SDA SRS's circa 1985 (they're real and they're spectacular!) - the blade/blade kind that NEED a common ground amp OR strapped grounds. I originally bought them with an Audire Forte amp that the dealer strapped the grounds on. I used them that way for 10 years and then bought an Adcom GFA-555II. The adcom has been driving them for the last 10 years or so.

I read here that one could tell if an amp was common ground by checking the continuity between the amps unstrapped ground poles. Out of curiosity I hooked up my trusty multimeter and to my suprise I have continuity. Has anyone else used this amp and do you know if it is truly common ground or not?
Thanks,
Post edited by gij801 on

Comments

• ka7niq
    ka7niq Posts: 577
    edited September 2007
    Options
    gij801 wrote: »
    I am the loving original owner of a pair of SDA SRS's circa 1985 (they're real and they're spectacular!) - the blade/blade kind that NEED a common ground amp OR strapped grounds. I originally bought them with an Audire Forte amp that the dealer strapped the grounds on. I used them that way for 10 years and then bought an Adcom GFA-555II. The adcom has been driving them for the last 10 years or so.

I read here that one could tell if an amp was common ground by checking the continuity between the amps unstrapped ground poles. Out of curiosity I hooked up my trusty multimeter and to my suprise I have continuity. Has anyone else used this amp and do you know if it is truly common ground or not?
    Thanks,
    Don't know about common ground or not, but owned several Audire amps.
    The little Forte is a BALLLSY amp, lotz o current.

It should drive the pizz out of the SDA's IF it is safe to use ?