Last night, I came to 2 realizations

Options
bigsexy1
bigsexy1 Posts: 557
edited February 2003 in Speakers
In anticipation of the Aerosmith/KISS tour coming up this summer, I broke out my remastered CD copy of KISS Alive (the first one) last night. I hadn't listened to any KISS in a long time. The first realization is that not only is/was KISS a very underrated band, but that they were/are actually a great band. Their music is tight, and it stands up on it's on. I guess their music has always taken a back seat to their "gimmicks". That's a shame. I listened to Alive twice in a row all the way through, and then broke out some more of their CDs after that.
The second realization is that the RT1000i really is a halfway decent rock speaker. It's not half bad at all on rock music. I guess it's getting broken in good now. It's biwired and powered by a Yamaha 2092 receiver. I really hadn't did any serious 2 channel music listening on them until last night. I stayed up all night long (and I'm really paying for it today) listening not only to KISS, but I broke out Sabbath, AC/DC, Deep Purple, Ted Nugent, Alice Cooper, Aerosmith, Van Halen, and the mighty Zeppelin as well. The RT1000i can more than hold it's own as a rock music speaker.
Post edited by bigsexy1 on

Comments

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited February 2003
    Options
    The first realization is that not only is/was KISS a very underrated band, but that they were/are actually a great band.

KISS IS a great band, there is no doubt. Enjoy the show.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • bigsexy1
    edited February 2003
    Options
    It is true Ron! I had forgotten just how good some of those old songs were. I hadn't listened to them in many moons, but that is a mistake I won't make again. I'm going to put them in a more "regular" or frequent rotation from here on out.
  • etrigan
    etrigan Posts: 160
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Greetings !

IMHO - KISS Alive! is one of the BEST live albums of all time!

Many others of course, But in my top ten for sure!

Other noteable entries--

Rush - ATWAS
    Motorhead - No sleep 'til Hammersmith
    Priest - UITE
    Zep - TSRTS
    Tull - Bursting out
    Deep Purple - Made In Japan
    Rick Wakeman - JTTCOTE
    King Crimson - U.S.A.
    DiMeola/McLaughlin/DeLucia-FNISF

Just a few that come to mind - many others !

Also - I urge anyone,who is remotely intersted in "YES" or "King Crimson" And has a DVD player :D - look into "YES-Symphonic Live
    nd KC-Deja Vrooom (both DTS)

YES'S "Ritual" made my living room "Achieve launch" :D

CHEERS ! jefff
    Art as expression-Not as market campaigns-Will still capture our imaginations.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Alright, you guys are going to flame me, but since I'm not PC (see Tour2ma's sig), I'll repeat what I and 19 of my friends said at the one and only time my ears were subjected to Kiss. We didn't know that they were the opening band for the show and after they played their first two songs in a row, all 20 of us stood up, 10 in the 9th row and 10 in the 10th row and yelled, "YOU SUCK!"
    They heard us....:lol:
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited February 2003
    Options
    I've heard one KISS song...and....ummm...wheres the power button again?
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • bigsexy1
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Alright, you guys are going to flame me, but since I'm not PC (see Tour2ma's sig), I'll repeat what I and 19 of my friends said at the one and only time my ears were subjected to Kiss. We didn't know that they were the opening band for the show and after they played their first two songs in a row, all 20 of us stood up, 10 in the 9th row and 10 in the 10th row and yelled, "YOU SUCK!"
    They heard us....

I've heard one KISS song...and....ummm...wheres the power button again?

Let me guess, Bee Gees and Bary Manilow fans?
  • bigsexy1
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Etrigan, Made In Japan by Purple is awesome.
    But, getting back on speaker topic, how many of you agree or disagree with my statemant about the RT1000i for rock music?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited February 2003
    Options
    bigsexy,

Very funny....haha, but not even close. My musical tastes are vast and varied, but do not include the two you mentioned in your retort. Now, AC/DC, Deep Purple, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, etc., that's great rock music, IMHO. Each to their own, but Kiss I never got, kinda bubble gum heavy metal. Anyway, glad you're enjoying your speakers.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• wlrandall
    wlrandall Posts: 440
    edited February 2003
    Options
    I auditioned the 1000s. Ended up with the 800s; the added 6.5" driver makes a huge difference to my ears.

And sorry, but I too never could stand KISS, except for "Beth", it was a classic make-out song.
  • abmarsh
    abmarsh Posts: 109
    edited February 2003
    Options
    I've been a Kiss fan for a long time. Their first three albums are my favorites.
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2003
    Options
    "when in doubt, i whip it out, i got me a rock and roll band. it's a free for all."

Ted Nugent