Buying Polk SRS 2's - Cable Questions ?

Options
ka7niq
ka7niq Posts: 577
edited September 2007 in Vintage Speakers
I FINALLY found a pair of SRS 2's with the vertically mounted tweeters.
There is NO cable with them, and NO connectors.'
What is the cable for, and what does it do ?
CanI get a cable for them from Polk, or make my own ?

I almost bought some SDA 2's, but then these SRS 2's came up for sale.
I am picking them up tomorrow !

Think I MIGHT like em ??
LOL - of course :D
Post edited by ka7niq on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    edited September 2007
    Options
    If you have the pin/blade type connector, you'll have to make your own cable. If you have the blade/blade type, you can buy that from Polk. Without the cable only half the drivers play and you won't have the soundstage that SDA's are known for. While you're at it, order the owner's manual, it will explain proper set up as SDA speakers are very different than the norm.

Use of the search function here will result in a lot of good reading about SDA's.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ka7niq
    edited September 2007
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    If you have the pin/blade type connector, you'll have to make your own cable. If you have the blade/blade type, you can buy that from Polk. Without the cable only half the drivers play and you won't have the soundstage that SDA's are known for. While you're at it, order the owner's manual, it will explain proper set up as SDA speakers are very different than the norm.

Use of the search function here will result in a lot of good reading about SDA's.
    Yes, I have been reading!
    Seems the SRS 2's are well liked ?
    The guy is keeping the big 2.3's, and selling the little ones, LOL

I wont know till tomorrow what cable type
  • ka7niq
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Lasareath wrote: »
    Congrats ka7niq!!!

Post us some pictures when you get them!

What are you powering them with?

Welcome to the Forum!

Sal
    I have 8 Stereo amps to choose from, a Moscode 600 tube/mosfet hybrid, an Adcom 585, a Luxman M 117, some Ashly FET 500's, and some amazing "Pro Sound" amps I got for cheap off Ebay that Kick Azz and sound amazing.
    ALL of these amps will drive 4 ohms and laugh.
    Power will not be an issue.

Go a 24 ft wide room by 20 feet deep too, and no wife to mess with me about my stuff.

Looked for a LONG time to find a pair of these I could get local too, although I never heard em.

Has a pair of Monitor 5's or 7's back in the day, liked em too.

A very "British Sound" IMHO with good bass.

Sole em and got Dahlquists a LONG time ago.

Missed out on the SDA craze because I started ONLY going to "high end stores".

I LOVE imaging, and a warm, forgiving sound.

Not a detail freak like some, to each his own.

Give me musical timbre that images and plays loud and I be happy camper ..