The "Thank God Summer is Over" Thread

Options
Ron-P
Ron-P Posts: 8,516
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
I am so happy summer is over. No more crowds, no more kids out all day long, no more crowds (yes, I ment to say that twice) and soon, no more heat. Went to Disneyland twice last week, it was dead, no lines no crowds...fantastic. Soon it will be cooler weather and all will be good.

Let's here it for the end of summer! Hip-hip horray!
If...
Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
Post edited by Ron-P on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Ron-P wrote: »
    I am so happy summer is over. No more crowds, no more kids out all day long, no more crowds (yes, I ment to say that twice) and soon, no more heat. Went to Disneyland twice last week, it was dead, no lines no crowds...fantastic. Soon it will be cooler weather and all will be good.

Let's here it for the end of summer! Hip-hip horray!

you suck! :mad:

the end of summer here means, cooler weather.. it also means fall isn't to far away. With fall comes raking up leaves, yard work, buttoning down the house getting it ready for winter. Then we bunker down for 5 months of nothing but cold, snow, wind, more snow, icy roads, bad road conditions, snow, rain, shoveling snow, 5 months of that! :eek: :mad:
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited September 2007
    Options
    No more tourists...woo hoo! Or at least a whole lot less. You can take your speeding, tailgating, littering, jaywalking fat asses back to whatever sorry-**** place you're from :rolleyes:
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Looking foward to this winter myself......it signifies many things for me.

1. It will be the last winter I will ever have to go to college classes in.
    2. It will mean I'm that much closer to my fitness goals of next summer.
    3. It will be the last winter I don't have a full time job for the rest of my life.
    4. It means I can deliberately drive a bit on the wild side when no one is on the road in the ice/snow.
    5. I can make yellow snow.
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Next weekend we play our first soccer game of the season (I coach u17 girls). I expect to see some heat related issues with the girls for the first couple weeks of the season.

I find it amazing, were in Arizona, and they'll really need water during a game. I tell them to just get my attention, I'll get them off the field for water, and they still wait till they're about ready to drop from the heat.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited September 2007
    Options

1. It will be the last winter I will ever have to go to college classes in.
    2. It will mean I'm that much closer to my fitness goals of next summer.
    3. It will be the last winter I don't have a full time job for the rest of my life.
    4. It means I can deliberately drive a bit on the wild side when no one is on the road in the ice/snow.
    5. I can make yellow snow.

I don't even know where to begin with this one. But let's just say : driving on the wild side in the ice and snow? Idiocy.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited September 2007
    Options
    But unfortunately, traffic is worse in houston during the school year. I guess all the students, teachers, school employees, buses, etc on the road are enough to make a big difference. We didn't even have a summer here. July this year was the 6th wettest July on record.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    edited September 2007
    Options
    In Dallas, we love the fall. !00 degree days stop, and it cools down at night.
    Summer here is like winter in Watertown, N.Y. Something to be endured
    every year.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • dholmes
    dholmes Posts: 1,136
    edited September 2007
    Options
    It all about NO MORE MOWING !!! And more time for movie watching!!!
    My HT set-up Panasonic front proj, 120 in ws screen, ATI amp,Integra 9.8 pre-pro, 2 Polk rti150, cp 1000, 4 fx 1000, Pioneer blu-ray 2 SVS sub pb 12-ultra 2, & Paragon popcorn popper. ps 3 Coaster leather HT recliners.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited September 2007
    Options
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    I don't even know where to begin with this one. But let's just say : driving on the wild side in the ice and snow? Idiocy.

Ehhh, when no one is on the road, and its an empty parking lot, i like to have a little fun. A few donuts and some drifting never hurt anyone.
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Summer's great & so's the Fall. Incredibly beautiful, color-changing trees, cooler temps, crisp mornings, college football...

C'mon, every season has something great about it. Do your best to deal with or, even better, ignore the crumby part of every season and focus on the good parts of every season. It helps us look forward.
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Mark, I certainly hope you are joking, but if you aren't, all I can say is having a college education is wasted on a person who has NO common sense.

Calling it fun playing dangerous games in a machine that can crush you is NOT SMART!
    Ehhh, when no one is on the road, and its an empty parking lot, i like to have a little fun. A few donuts and some drifting never hurt anyone.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • BaggedLancer
    edited September 2007
    Options
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Mark, I certainly hope you are joking, but if you aren't, all I can say is having a college education is wasted on a person who has NO common sense.

Calling it fun playing dangerous games in a machine that can crush you is NOT SMART!

Cathy, I'm like a cat......i have plenty of lives to spare. :D

Ok, enough joking around. Any "fun" i speak of is done in wide open parking lots near where I live....I consider myself a good driver, no one else is around, no other cars, no other people, no trees to hit, nothing but open space and some snow.

Not to mention the beneficial side of doing it. Learning how to handle your car when you go into a slide or skid on ice is a great thing to know.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Isn't that the real reason hand brakes were invented?

I'm ready for some cooler weather myself.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Yea, summer over in this town means all the idiotic college kids who dont know how to drive come back and make my 10 minute drive to work a 20 minute drive to work.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • BaggedLancer
    edited September 2007
    Options
    exalted512 wrote: »
    Yea, summer over in this town means all the idiotic college kids who dont know how to drive come back and make my 10 minute drive to work a 20 minute drive to work.
    -Cody

Hey now be nice to the college crowd.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Im in college too
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited September 2007
    Options
    I'm just glad this summer wasn't near as bad as last year...
  • bignorm
    bignorm Posts: 120
    edited September 2007
    Options
    dholmes wrote: »
    It all about NO MORE MOWING !!! And more time for movie watching!!!

DUDE
    Eliab/Dave Abrams calibrated Panny
    Yamaha,Denon,Toshiba "in the rack"
    Polks all around
    SVS on the floor
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited September 2007
    Options
    I HATE THE WINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I tried to mve to FLA. 10 years ago but the wife would have no parts of it.
    No more motorcycle riding, no more shore, pool will be closed, no more bikini's, and no more fishing.
    I WILL have snow to shovel, cold weather, school meetings, home work with the kids, dance class bills and competitions.
    You can keep the winther.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited September 2007
    Options
    The nicest thing about summer being "over" (even though we have another month of it officially) is that there will no longer be floods of boats on the water when we go fishing. All the tourists with their heads up their butts from NY and PA go home and leave the Jersey Shore to those of us who live here and we get our State back for a few months.

Also, Atlantic City isn't inundated with people and you can actually get reservations at restaurants or a table at a pizza joint or even a seat at one of the card tables.

Some stuff sucks about the winter though. Going to see the bands at the various bars and concert halls will now be a chore because they will be inundated with silly college kids looking for the dollar drink special, smoking weed in the corner and starting fights and just ruining a good time.

Oh that and racing season is over when the weather gets cold but usually not until the first time it snows way off in December. Then again, drag racing is a whole hell of alot of fun but it's fun in a dangerous machine that can crush me...ah, forget that, it's a surefire way to meet your maker if you don't keep your wits about you, so I guess it's frowned upon as being "stupid". I don't think I'm going to stop doing it though. Nah, not a chance in hell. I'm college educated too! Whoda thunk?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited September 2007
    Options
    I'm in Law School . . . My life is over.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Enjoy it while you can cause it will REALLY be over once you get out, pass the bar, & start working 80hrs a week in a law firm!:D

The upshot of that is you will be making tons of money, You won't have anytime to spend it, but you will be making it!:D
    SolidSqual wrote: »
    I'm in Law School . . . My life is over.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Seattle never really had much of a Summer this year. Its been raining more than usual and not as warm as usual. So, we basically had a really long and crappy Spring. Thunderstorms last night, and its looking like we are going to go straight from Spring to Autumn.
  • dylan
    dylan Posts: 453
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Not to mention the beneficial side of doing it. Learning how to handle your car when you go into a slide or skid on ice is a great thing to know.

I agree, I think its important to know this, before you need it. Before you get that 'oh ****' feeling when your car goes sideways unexpectedly.

We're moving from winter--> road construction--> fall. I'm glad for the cooler weather and hopefully some rain. Then on to 6 months of the grey doom of winter... but that also means 4-wheeling in the snow, snow mounds full of beer, and BBQ'ing in a jacket. :)
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Doing donuts in a snowy parking lot != "I can deliberately drive a bit on the wild side when no one is on the road in the ice/snow"

Everyone has some fun in an empty parking lot. Driving a bit on the wild side on the road in the ice and snow is idiocy. I don't particularly care if you wrap yourself around a tree, just don't wrap yourself around my car.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited September 2007
    Options

It means I can deliberately drive a bit on the wild side when no one is on the road in the ice/snow.

I used to "practice" when I lived in Colorado. Bent a tie-rod now and then but never killed anybody. The key being, you do this when nobody else is around hence no one can get hurt. Great practice for when you might need it in a real life situation and maybe save someone's life.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited September 2007
    Options
    What is that line in the Chistmas song, "It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas?" . . .

. . . "and mom and dad can hardly wait for school to start again."

Sigh of relief.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited September 2007
    Options
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Doing donuts in a snowy parking lot != "I can deliberately drive a bit on the wild side when no one is on the road in the ice/snow"

Everyone has some fun in an empty parking lot. Driving a bit on the wild side on the road in the ice and snow is idiocy. I don't particularly care if you wrap yourself around a tree, just don't wrap yourself around my car.

I think you forgot about where I'm currently living......out in the sticks.....finding someone on the road in a snow/ice storm has a slim to none chance, especially my street since its not a thru way to get anywhere....its nice and wide, plenty of not so sharp turns, good practice......