Matching speakers

Options
psuie23
psuie23 Posts: 36
edited February 2003 in Speakers
I currently have RT2000s and the CS275. I plan on getting an independent sub for the home theater. But at the same time, the center doesn't seem to match up very well with my fronts for movies. Would it be a lot better with the CS400 or CS40? Are they the same speaker? Would one be better for me than the other?
Post edited by psuie23 on

Comments

• psuie23
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Does having the four woofers on it lower the impedence....how does that speaker sound overall? Is it clear?

If I decide I don't want to spend the money on that now...should I try to get the 40 or 400? Is there a difference between them?
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by psuie23
    Does having the four woofers on it lower the impedence....how does that speaker sound overall? Is it clear?

If I decide I don't want to spend the money on that now...should I try to get the 40 or 400? Is there a difference between them?
    The cs1000p is a nice centerchannel powered.Yes it has 4 drivers but 2 of them are powered like your rt2000's.They still come in at 8ohm.
    If you can get a cs400 or cs400i,thats the way to go as well.The csi40 can be if you can'y find the corrrect center.

So,
    1)CS1000P
    2)CS400 OR CS400I
    3)CSI40
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2003
    Options
    I searched for a cs400i the other day and there was slim pickings if you wanted a new one. Used seemed to be readily available.
  • mantis
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Go for the used one as long as it is in good cond.
    Dan
  • psuie23
    edited February 2003
    Options
    I have had some trouble finding 1000's. Do any of you know where I can find some? I don't see any on EBAY.

Wallstreet, I saw one 400 on ebay. Where did you go to find a selection?

Mantis...just curious...if you don't care for audio gear, how do you know the comparison between the center types?
  • wallstreet
    edited February 2003
    Options
    I have had some trouble finding 1000's. Do any of you know where I can find some? I don't see any on EBAY.

Wallstreet, I saw one 400 on ebay. Where did you go to find a selection?

Mantis...just curious...if you don't care for audio gear, how do you know the comparison between the center types?

I bought mine in November at www.electroline4u.com. I did a search the other day but the 1000's didn't show up. I've got a direct link on my browser at work I can post tomorrow. Of course, I only browse during the lunch hour. ;)
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited February 2003
    Options

His sig is from a different thread where people were basically putting their bios, or the complete opposite of reality, on the page. He's into audio gear.......stick around and you'll find out....:)
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • psuie23
    edited February 2003
    Options
    I didn't find anything on there today. In fact, I can't find any 1000s at all (not that I can afford $1000 bucks right now). If anyone sees any good condition used or refurb...PLEASE let me know :)
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited February 2003
    Options
    The reason that you're not going to see them on many sites is that they are all pretty much sold out. I had a site that I found one on, then tried to order it, but then couldn't actually complete the sale. After emailing them, they indicated that they had been out for a while and that if you have a site bookmarked, you can still get to that page, but that if you did a current search, like you did psuie, then it won't show up since it's been updated.......

Good luck in your search......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • mantis
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by brettw22

His sig is from a different thread where people were basically putting their bios, or the complete opposite of reality, on the page. He's into audio gear.......stick around and you'll find out....:)
    Thanks Brettw22......I'm gonna change that sig anyway,it's old now.
    Dan
  • wallstreet
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by wallstreet

I bought mine in November at www.electroline4u.com. I did a search the other day but the 1000's didn't show up. I've got a direct link on my browser at work I can post tomorrow. Of course, I only browse during the lunch hour. ;)

http://electroline4u.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/polkaudiofx1000.html
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Walt, he's taking about the CS1000 center channel.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • wallstreet
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    Walt, he's taking about the CS1000 center channel.

Cheers,
    Russ

CS, FX, XYZ, PDQ, whatever! :p
  • psuie23
    edited February 2003
    Options
    what rears would work best with my fronts?