XBox Digital connection

Options
JSK2003
JSK2003 Posts: 28
edited February 2003 in Electronics
I'm currently using the Monster Gamelink 200 w/lightwave optical cable for my XBox connection.

My problem is that my receiver is not picking up a Dolby Digital signal from the XBox. The receiver does detect a digital signal through the optical port and the "lock" light is on. However the receiver will only play in Pro Logic mode.

I have tried swapping out the Gamelink 200 cable with no luck. I'll probably try swapping the Lightwave cable tomorrow but my gut feeling is telling me that probably won't fix the issue.

Anyone happen to have any suggestions ?

-JSK
My setup :

Anthem AVM20
ATI-1505
Sony DVP-NC650V 5-disc DVD/SACD
Microsoft XBox
Polk RM-7200 Theater System
Polk PSW-550 Subwoofer
Bettercables Silver Serpent interconnects
Monster Cable speaker wire
56" Panasonic HDTV
Post edited by JSK2003 on

Comments

• JSK2003
    JSK2003 Posts: 28
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Fixed my own problem. It turned out to be yet another faulty Monster gamelink 200.

Everything working fine now.

-JSK
    My setup :

Anthem AVM20
    ATI-1505
    Sony DVP-NC650V 5-disc DVD/SACD
    Microsoft XBox
    Polk RM-7200 Theater System
    Polk PSW-550 Subwoofer
    Bettercables Silver Serpent interconnects
    Monster Cable speaker wire
    56" Panasonic HDTV
  • TonyPTX
    TonyPTX Posts: 545
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Hm....

Glad you got it fixed. Didn't have any problems using the Advanced Connection Kit and then using a TOSLINK cable.
    Damn....8 lines...I've gotta put my sig on a diet now....
  • madrigal
    madrigal Posts: 11
    edited February 2003
    Options
    mine wasn't defective, but I have noticed about an inch of the jacket has slid off the TINY optical wire Monster uses. kinda piss poor, but I guess I shouldn't expect much from this company, especially for game console cables.

has anybody else with a Gamelink 200 had the TOSlink boot slip off the jacket?
    absence of existence is not existence of absense....just existence of nonsense amongst provincial obstinates
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by madrigal

has anybody else with a Gamelink 200 had the TOSlink boot slip off the jacket?

Yep. It did it the day I bought it. I just put it back together and it's been working fine. Been playing GTA Vice in DTS and I'm very pleased.

I think you are right. You can't expect all that much from a cheap cable made for game systems. It's not a Monster reference lightspeed cable or anything. ;)