I need ideas from somebody ANYBODY

Keske944
Keske944 Posts: 134
edited February 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I have just run into a new problem(that I thought I had figured out but I guess not). I have a hatchback and am mounting my apms (fan cooled) under a piece of 1/2" arcrylic so I don't set anything on top of them or damage them. I am also putting in two MOMO MM10's. I thought that I had measured correctly (enter Murphy's law) and thought that I had the clearence to just put them on top of the arcrylic. Think again. Now I need to know any suggestions for mounting the MM10's at either an angle or on thier back. I was thinking if I mounted them to a piece of acrylic I could then somehow mount that arcrylic to the sheet that will be protecting the amps and caps. Please let me know if you guys have any ideas on how to angle mount an MM10. Remember that the factory mounting brackets are on the bottom of the box and I would like to use these so I don't screw up my warrenty.
Patience... patience...

Screw patience... Crank the volume and floor it you panzie.
Post edited by Keske944 on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2003
    well this might sound kinda ghetto but make one big door stop...

like look at a wedge door stop ... now make one of those that is like 2 1/2 feet long, and a foot wide... maybe 3 inches tall (or whatever u need so u get the right angle) on one side... sloping down to zero height on the other...

then just carpet that "wedge" with identical material to match your hatch's floor board... that way it still looks snazzy... and call it a day... see image below...momo.jpg
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Keske944
    Keske944 Posts: 134
    edited February 2003
    I think that I got it figured out. I am going to rest the back of the encloseure againts my wheel well so they are firing (more or less) right into the glass of the hatch (my current Polk 10" is doing this and sounds great). I am going to mount each sub to two pieces of acrylic (so everything looks the same) and mount that acrylic to the sheet that will be protecting the amps. The subs will almost be on thier backs but will still have a little bit of a rear/up firing angle. Probabley around a 20-30 degree angle (this is how much the back would be elevated if it were on its back). I don't know how to draw fancy pics like you Vinnie, but thanks for the advice I think I got it now.
    Patience... patience...

Screw patience... Crank the volume and floor it you panzie.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2003
    and the acylic to the hitzamajobber to the... knee bone connected to the arm bone and the arm bones connected to the butt bone... and the...

somethin somethin hear the word of the lord... kumbaya...
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge