Thoughts On The RTi70

Options
Leforge
Leforge Posts: 3
edited February 2003 in Speakers
Hi there,

I'm planning on buying a pair of RTi70's in the near future and wanted to get some feedback from RTi70 owners. I've already heard them and liked them alot. I also listened to a pair of RTi1000's at the Brick (in Ontario) that sounded good as well. I can get a better deal on the 1000's but I don't think I need the powered towers. I have a pair of RT55's on loan from a friend right now and have ordered a CSi40 center channel with idea of pairing it with the 70's down the road. Any thoughts on the RTi70's would be greatly appreciated.

Leforge

-My reciever is a Technics SA-DA10 (not the best I know, but I got a good deal on it). Any idea how it might sound with the RTi70's?
Post edited by Leforge on

Comments

• fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited January 2003
    Options
    I dig mine. They will be moving to the back of the room soon though, in the role of surround speakers, since I'm getting a pair of LSi15's. :)
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2003
    Options
    well here is one way of thinking of it. if you don't like the powered towers.. you can always turn them off.. i' bought some.. and I leave the subs on. but at least if you ever wanted more bass, all you would have to do is turn them back on. it's like having two speakers in one.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • kberg
    kberg Posts: 974
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Pairing up the RTi70's with the CSi40 is an EXCELLENT idea. Of course I would say this, I have them. :)

I thought about powered towers but decided to rely on my sub to do most of that work while letting the towers take care of the higher frequencies with greater efficiency (this is why you set your speakers to "small" rather than "large").
    Mains: polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired)
    Center: polkaudio CSi40 (bi-wired)
    Surrounds: polkaudio FXi30's
    Rear Center: polkaudio CSi30
    Sub: SVS 20-39 PC+
    Receiver: ONKYO TX-SR600
    Display: JVC HD-56G786
    DVD Player: SONY DVP-CX985V
    DVD Player: OPPO DV-981HD 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI
    Remote: Logitech Harmony H688
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited February 2003
    Options
    I have the RT800i's as rear surrounds - they work great.
    RT70 replaced the older 800's in the Polk lineup. (very similary).

Anyway, two passive mid-range drivers are superior to one.
    So, turning off the bass leaves you with one driver - not as good as the RT70.