Design Paramaters for 6511 and 6503 drivers For SRS 1.2's

Options
gdsk39a
gdsk39a Posts: 28
edited August 2007 in Vintage Speakers
Anyone have the design parameters for the 6511 and 6503 drivers. I am trying to see if anyone makes a high quality drver out there rather than getting the Chinese crap.

G2
Post edited by gdsk39a on

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    edited August 2007
    Options
    gdsk39a wrote: »
    Anyone have the design parameters for the 6511 and 6503 drivers. I am trying to see if anyone makes a high quality drver out there rather than getting the Chinese crap.

G2

Polk makes replacement drivers. The info you are asking for is proprietary so you may not be able to find it, especially since those drivers are still in production from Polk.

Just because a small amount of rubber was left in a mounting hole doesn't mean the drivers are junk. What happened to the original drivers in your SDA's? I've had numerous pairs of Polks from the same generation with absolutely no issue with the drivers.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    edited August 2007
    Options
    If you are having issue with new drivers you bought from Polk, have you talked with Ken Swauger? Polk has the best customer service bar none if they are aware of an issue.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!