I am LOOKING for Interconnecting Cable for Polk Audio SDA / SRS Speakers

Options
vifreg
vifreg Posts: 3
edited August 2007 in Vintage Speakers
Hello everyone!

Model of speakers: Polk SDA SRS 2.3 TL.

Please let me know if you have one for sale or where could I get one.

Thanks.
Post edited by vifreg on

Comments

• dbnh
    dbnh Posts: 194
    edited August 2007
    Options
    vifreg wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

Model of speakers: Polk SDA SRS 2.3 TL.

Please let me know if you have one for sale or where could I get one.

Thanks.
    I'm too lazy to do it for you ;) , but use "Search" in the forum to find out how to make your own.
  • vifreg
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Hi,
    I am a women who is not very good with making cables, but I will pay for your efforts reasonoble amount.
    Thanks in advance.
    Victoria
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,860
    edited August 2007
    Options
    As you probably already know, Polk no longer sells the pin/blade cable that you need. Your only choice is to have one made. If you're not using mono blocks, dual mono or non-common ground power, you only need the pin connection as the blade does not carry a signal. If you are using any of the above amps, you will need to have an AI-1 cable made. In case you have a hifi repair shop in your area they could make you a pin only cable by using standard RCA jacks with the outer turbine cut away and your choice of cable.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Ron Temple
    Ron Temple Posts: 3,212
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Victoria placed an ad on CL in the Bay Area looking for to buy an interconnect cable. I directed her here. I know there's some Polkies out there who can help her out...trubluluc, stand up...you made a nice one for the 1Cs you sold me... :D .

Combo rig:

Onkyo NR1007 pre-pro, Carver TFM 45(fronts), Carver TFM 35 (surrounds)
    SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited August 2007
    Options
    The cable is easy enough, Victoria can make it. The end connector can be a little tricky, expecially if she needs to drill and install a binding post termination.

Victoria, a quick and easy way is to get a piece of 14 guage stranded wire. About 15 feet should do it if your speakers are 8 ft to 10 feet apart. Strip about one inch of insulation off each end. Fold the one inch bare section of copper over to make a 1/2" U shaped piece of bare copper. Twist it and shove it into the "pin" hole (round) on the interconnect conection. It should be tight enough so it stays in place inside the pin hole from the friction of the wire with the female terminal. Do the same on the other end.

You can also contact Ken Swager at Polk customer service and he may make you one. Only the "pin" hole carries a signal, the blade connector serves no operational purpose, but can be used for testing.

Good luck, it's not that hard. Maybe someone from the SFB area will give you a hand.:)
    Carl

• candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited August 2007
    Options
  • vifreg
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Thank you all!