Wiring for Sub 250 and 6200s with reciever

Options
460fletcher
460fletcher Posts: 1
edited November 2001 in Technical/Setup
Brand new to subs and reciever. the instructions show wiring from reciever to sub and then to speakers. Is this the way to do it ? Why not straight from reciever to speakers? Also salesperson recommended monster cable from reciever to sub and it appears that this should go to white input. Do I use this plus regular monster wires as questioned above? Thanks for any help. Please be gentle as I am new to entire process......
Post edited by 460fletcher on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited November 2001
    Options
    the way you mentioned is the ideal way to hook up your sub to your 6200. the other option would be to run the L/R channels to the L/R speakers respectively, and then use the line out of your reciever to the L/R line level inputs on your psw250. set your front's to large, and sub to 'no' or 'off'. i would recommend hooking up the sub via reciever L/R channel out to the sub, then from the sub to your speakers. i think this is the recommended connection for the 6200. set your front's to large, and sub to 'no' or 'off' with this set-up as well. i hope this is helpful and clear for you to understand