should I rent or buy?

Options
SPEAKER7
SPEAKER7 Posts: 355
edited November 2001 in Music & Movies
I just need a quick opinion on THE MUMMY RETURNS? I have seen the previous posts on this site and on dvd review but i would like get a final opinion.......also, i have not seen the first one ...the MUMMY.

by the way....(just my opinion) I picked up Legally Blonde yesterday and all i can say is................ don't buy but just rent if you want to.

I also, picked up PEARL HARBOUR but i haven't seen it yet....is this movie any good? is there much action?

dc.
Post edited by SPEAKER7 on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited November 2001
    Options
    i'd rent mummyII before you buy. there are some good scenes in it to demo, but overall, i was a little dissapointed in the movie. pearl harbor was pretty good. it will be interesting to see, or hear, how good the soundtrack is. alot of potential. as for it being action packed, ther is just about a 25 minute segment of the actual bombing. that is the only real 'action' part of the movie. most of the film deals with building up the charachters and their relaionships. still, a pretty well done film. i wouldn't say it was bay's best. just my .02. my GF wants to rent legally blonde. i told her i wouldn't buy it, not even for reese, well, i didn't say that to her. :) doesn't look that great to me
  • SPEAKER7
    edited November 2001
    Options
    juice 21,

thank's for you quick response...i was planning head out soon to pick one up with some doubt on my mind but now i can relax and maybe rent a copy first.....the movie Legally Blonde may be a good movie for a young teeny bop girl...the wife say's it was okay but too predictable.............sorry, no skin.....but lots of pick/orange bright clothing......

i will have to open the Pearl Harbour dics next and see how the sound and pic is like.....

dc.
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited November 2001
    Options
    yeah, i'm not too excited about sitting through legally blonde, but i guess i'll just have to bear it. oh well.
  • SPEAKER7
    edited November 2001
    Options
    I think you'll enjoy watching Cruel Intentions over several time than Legally Blonde....but for your sake you better off letting your other half enjoy this movie LB than suffer later.

dc. so enjoy! and maybe hit the fast forward buttom a couple of times by mistake !!!!!
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited November 2001
    Options
    C: None of the above
    Make it Funky! :)
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Actually, you should rent everything except the most sure-thing before you buy it.

Check out http://www.rentmydvd.com/

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney