GTA-4 Delay Until Spring 2008

Options
venomclan
venomclan Posts: 2,467
edited January 2008 in Video Games
I just heard that Grand Theft Auto is delayed to Spring 2008. Can't find the link, but this is seriously going to hurt PS3. This was the only title that would bring me over to PS3, I guess the wait continues.
V
Post edited by venomclan on

Comments

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited August 2007
    Options
    dude, I think its coming out on xbox 360 too isnt it?
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • PoLk FaN
    PoLk FaN Posts: 81
    edited August 2007
    Options
    why would it hurt the ps3? its comeing out on both systems. besides there alot better games coming out soon.
    you better pick one up because when the 60g's are gone its going back to 599.00 with the new 80g ps3. some thing to think about
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Denon avr 1910
    Mains- Polk Audio Monitor 60
    Center- Polk Audio CS2 series II's
    Surrounds- Polk Audio Monitor 40 series II's
    Surround Backs Polk Audio Monitor 30
    Subs- Mirage S8 & Psw505
    T.V.- 46" Samsung lcd 120hz
    Blu-Ray- 60 GB PS3
    HD Dvd-Toshiba HD-A3
    Xbox 360- O town killer81
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Word on the street is that because the PS3 is so damned hard to develop the game on its taking them a lot longer to make the PS3 version, and due to contractual reasons its also going to delay the otherwise ready version for the 360.

**** you Sony.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited August 2007
    Options
    GTA is "Sony/PS" franchise game anyway. XBox is buying anything it can get it hands on. Good for them. Highest selling game franchise in history. The crappy graphics and game play never appealed to me. Anti-playstation gamers are now dieing to play games franchises they have never played before and probably bad mouthed in the past. Really strange........:rolleyes:
  • Shizelbs
    edited August 2007
    Options
    I've been playing GTA since it was on the Dreamcast/PC.
  • PoLk FaN
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    Word on the street is that because the PS3 is so damned hard to develop the game on its taking them a lot longer to make the PS3 version, and due to contractual reasons its also going to delay the otherwise ready version for the 360.

**** you Sony.

why are you mad at sony? thats good they are makeing the game for the ps3 and then porting it to the xbox.which is great because every one alse is porting it from the xbox to the ps3 this is were you will see the ps3 shine. I rather have it take longer and be done right.then get a game that has some bad controls are glitches in it.
    I also read that rockstar is makeing a execlusive game for the ps3.
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Denon avr 1910
    Subs- Mirage S8 & Psw505
    Blu-Ray- 60 GB PS3
    HD Dvd-Toshiba HD-A3
  • Shizelbs
    edited August 2007
    Options
    I'm mad at Sony because its because of their hard to write for system that is causing the delays. Its not a matter of taking the time to get it right. If the contract allowed them to release the 360 version, I am sure they would. And now I have to wait months longer for what was supposed to be released soon. And yes, I put down my money for preorder.
  • PoLk FaN
    edited August 2007
    Options
    I did not look at it that way, your right that sucks you put money down.
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Denon avr 1910
    Subs- Mirage S8 & Psw505
    Blu-Ray- 60 GB PS3
    HD Dvd-Toshiba HD-A3
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    I've been playing GTA since it was on the Dreamcast/PC.

WOW! I did not know the franchise was that old. When it hit the PS2 they pretended it never existed before. Therefor inventing sliced bread. Never even heard of RockStar till then.
    http://dreamcast.ign.com/objects/013/013234.html#reviews

http://www.gamespot.com/ps/adventure/grandtheftauto/index.html
  • Kris Siegel
    Kris Siegel Posts: 309
    edited August 2007
    Options
    venomclan wrote: »
    I just heard that Grand Theft Auto is delayed to Spring 2008. Can't find the link, but this is seriously going to hurt PS3. This was the only title that would bring me over to PS3, I guess the wait continues.
    V

Why are you buying this for the PS3? RockStar already announced that both the XBox 360 and the PS3 versions are going to be the same but downloadable episodes adding new vehicles, missions, story, people, etc are going to be ONLY available on the XBox 360.

I would rather get it for the XBox 360 so I can get new content after I beat it :D
    PoLk FaN wrote: »
    thats good they are makeing the game for the ps3 and then porting it to the xbox.which is great because every one alse is porting it from the xbox to the ps3 this is were you will see the ps3 shine.

Well, they're not making the game for one console and then porting it. It's being made for both at the sametime with obvious code and graphic sharing among them.
  • venomclan
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Why are you buying this for the PS3? RockStar already announced that both the XBox 360 and the PS3 versions are going to be the same but downloadable episodes adding new vehicles, missions, story, people, etc are going to be ONLY available on the XBox 360.

Because I despise Microsoft, and every 360 made so far is defective, All of them. No thanks, I will wait.

This will hurt Sony more than Mircrosoft because the PS3 essentially has no games yet. GTA would have been their first real hit, now that will have to wait at least another year, time they do not have.
    V
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited August 2007
    Options
    i hate microsoft AND sony. yet, imho, microsoft is the lesser of the two evils.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited August 2007
    Options
    This may push back my purchase of a PS3, depending on how the reviews look for both. I will buy whichever one offers the most in terms of content, video and audio quality.
  • lanion
    lanion Posts: 843
    edited August 2007
    Options
    I am really happy with any delay during the holiday season. There are like 15 games coming out in the next two months I want to buy, and that is about 10 too many... I hate holiday lineups and summer droughts for games.
    My Iron Man training/charity blog.

HT:
    32" Sharp LCD. H/K dpr 1001 to Outlaw Audio 7900 to Polk LSi + Paradigm Studio center. Hsu DualDrive ULS-15. PS3/Wii. Outlaw 7900.
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited August 2007
    Options
    lanion wrote: »
    I am really happy with any delay during the holiday season. There are like 15 games coming out in the next two months I want to buy, and that is about 10 too many... I hate holiday lineups and summer droughts for games.

I'm with you Lanion!
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • PoLk FaN
    edited August 2007
    Options
    I heard that they are having a hard time trying to fit the game on one disc for the XBOX, and that is whats delaying the game it has nothing to do with sony
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Denon avr 1910
    Subs- Mirage S8 & Psw505
    Blu-Ray- 60 GB PS3
    HD Dvd-Toshiba HD-A3
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited August 2007
    Options
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited August 2007
    Options
    HURRY!!!

This batch of 60GB PS3s is the last of them. Once they're gone, they're all gone!!!!! There will be no more 499.99 Sony PS3 once these are gone (except for all the 80GB versions that will drop in price), so everybody run out and buy one now!!!
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited August 2007
    Options
    I'm still waiting for the Turbo Grafx 16 to throw it's hat back into the ring.
    Then we'll see who's cuisine remains supreme.

Enjoying the hell out of my Wii in the meantime.
    I bet Paris Hilton thought the above statement was "hot".
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • venomclan
    edited August 2007
    Options
    I'm still waiting for the Turbo Grafx 16 to throw it's hat back into the ring.
    Then we'll see who's cuisine remains supreme.

Enjoying the hell out of my Wii in the meantime.
    I bet Paris Hilton thought the above statement was "hot".

I have an original Pong in great condition. If these guys don't step up to the plate soon, I am going old school on their candy asses!
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Pong?
    I just busted out the handheld Mattel football game with the red blinking lights. Touchdown, bee-yatch!!
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • venomclan
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Pong?
    I just busted out the handheld Mattel football game with the red blinking lights. Touchdown, bee-yatch!!

Handheld Mattel? Thats like playing pocket pool. I have got some sick Chutes and Ladders action in da house. Jabroni.
    V
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited January 2008
    Options
    Just an FYI fellas but the game has been delayed again for one more month. So now it is a April 1st pre-release. Not sure if it is some type of sick joke from Rockstar, but man was I looking forward to March 4th.

These console delays are getting more and more like PC game delays. Hell Brothers in Arms was delayed more than one full year. And now I see it is slated for an 4/8 release.

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=200262
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • mutelight
    mutelight Posts: 1,054
    edited January 2008
    Options
    There is a rumored price drop on the 360 Pro @$300 when GTA:IV is released. If that is the case I can see that really helping out sales.
    // Panasonic AE8000 // Pioneer SC-57 // Polk Audio RTi A9 // Polk Audio CSiA6 //
    // Polk Audio FXi A6 // SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer // Logitech Harmony Ultimate // Pro-Ject Debut III //
    // Oppo BDP-103 // Microsoft Xbox One Day One Edition // Sony Playstation 4 1TB SSHD // Nintendo Wii U //
    Photo Gallery
    Movie and Game Collection