Where Are You Going

jmasterj
jmasterj Posts: 327
edited March 2003 in 2 Channel Audio
Ok Someone On The Forum Asked Where We All Started.
I Want To Know Where Are You Going ?

What is the system of yours dreams or the one that will bring you satisfaction. Well at least for now...?

I'm not going to start because I'm not sure yet...;)
JmasterJ Polk to the Death
Post edited by jmasterj on

Comments

• MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited January 2003
    My system in the future, that I know of is going to be.....

Receiver: Yamaha HTR-5560
    CD Player: CDC-585
    Amps: Adcom GFA-545II

Speakers:
    Polk - Front: Rt35i
    center: CS245i
    Rear Center: CS245i or CSi30
    Surrounds: Rt25i
    Subwoofer(s):
    M&K - MX-90
    (?)SVS (500 dollars model) (?)
    Wire: HD 12 guage
    with gold plated banana plugs

Thats all I know right now....
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • LiquidSound
    LiquidSound Posts: 1,261
    edited January 2003
    My ideal system down the road. Although I'll probably start with an RTI setup due to coin deficiency. The latest Rotel with an amp for 7.1 if needed, the latest LSI's, a storm 3 and a vamped up center on steroids. I'd love to hear an LSIC with the LSI9's standing proudly by its side. Or whatever is next on the LSI bookshelf line.
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's
    Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • izafar
    izafar Posts: 814
    edited January 2003
    I dont know where I am going, but definetly would love to upgarde my system every 6 months.
    -izafar

Goldenear Technology Triton 1 - Benchmark AHB2 - Benchmark LA4 - Auralic Vega - Auralic Aries Mini - Marantz TT-15S1 - Clearaudio Nano
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited January 2003
    To bed. Goodnight.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited January 2003
    I'm chucking the whole damn thing for a Bose!

I have had enough of this plus minus thingy. To coplicated for my fragile little mind.;)

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited January 2003
    going to georges house for a 60 second shopping spree.

scott:cool:
  • George Grand
    edited January 2003
    Scott you **** parasite,

Eat me. I know you are as dumb as a damn brick, but to show up here? Silver platter style? Did you PLAN on being a crawling advertisement for Louisville Slugger bats? That's what awaits you hear dick. Unless I get to Indiana first.

It's not your business practices that have earned you this. It's that classy crack you made about my handicapped daughter that's gonna get your head busted for you. What she leaves in her diaper has more class than anything I've seen come out of you.

George
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited January 2003
    theres no end to where you go in audio, right now its video,
    wide screen lcd about 50"to 52" they will be coming down in price.
    and the picture quilty is outstanding to, seen how good they got at the ces.
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited January 2003
    3 of the top 5 systems I've ever heard were horns on low wattage tube amps. The other 2 were electrostatic or ribbon on higher wattage tubes. Right now I don't have the room for big horns or properly placed electro's, so I'm persuing the possibilities of single drivers.

The master plan is to have all of it. I'll swap out according to my listening taste and mood.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • tryrrthg
    tryrrthg Posts: 1,896
    edited January 2003
    this would be nice!!

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?spkrfull&1047761264

1042577123.jpg

that's probably a $30,000 dCS CD player. those amps are "the best ever" according to stereophiles review a few months ago, and how can you go wrong with the dynaudio Evidence! of course all of that is overkill in that little room!
    Sony KDL-40V2500 HDTV, Rotel RSX-1067 Receiver, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray, Slim Devices Squeezebox, Polk RTi6, CSi3 & R15, DIY sub with Atlas 15
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited January 2003
    A top-flight 3 changer/1 recorder universal changer/recorder with a firewire (?) digital out for SACD/DVD-A.
    A top-flight pre-pro that processes every format of 7 channels or less & has true, complete bass mgmt.
    7 Marantz mono amps.
    Speakers, not sure, but for the sake of the Polk Forum, will say 2 LSi 15's, an LSi ctr, 4 LSi 7's, & unknown sub.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • jmasterj
    edited January 2003
    That Is A Wonderful looking system I'd love to hear it
  • George Grand
    edited January 2003
    I would especially like to hear that system in THAT room. Look at the slanted ceiling. Non-parallel room surfaces. Standing wave killers. Anybody that can afford that stuff, SHOULD be putting it in a room that can let the system really strut its stuff. Bet the room isn't that small.

• Zen Dragon
    Zen Dragon Posts: 501
    edited January 2003
    Dream system. Well based on what I have listened to, I still favor the SDA series.
    I think a nice pair of SRS 2.3's, or maybe the original SDA2's
    Bi-amped with some Rotel power Maybe 250W Botton 150W top
    Maybe use my LSI9's for the rear @ 150W
    Throw in a plasma TV for good measure

Micro-brewed beer on tap, and nekked women to serve it :p

Hell might as well hit the lotery for a couple ten mill while I'm at it.
    The Family
    Polk SDA-1C's
    Polk SDA-2
    Polk Monitor 10B's
    Polk LSI-9's
    Polk Monitor 5's
    Polk 5 jr's
    Polk PSW-450 Sub
    Polk CSI40 Center

Do not one day come to die, and discover you have not lived.
    This is pretty f***ed up right here.
  • rlw
    rlw Posts: 231
    edited January 2003
    I dunno. I pretty much have my dream system for now.

After letting 1 amp go, adding a sub, and spending some time getting it dialed in, the 2 channel rig sounds pretty satisfying. Right now, I'd say that my turntable is the big weak link from a component standpoint, and is the obvious candidate for an upgrade. But I'm going to have a tough time justifying the scratch for this for quite some time.

My preamp and CDP are due for a factory upgrade and retubing. I'm especially looking forward to getting rid of the HDCD DAC chip, and getting something more musical.

I'd also like to invest the scratch into pouring a separate foundation, detached from the house, for the turntable, and possibly for the speakers as well. I think that would be the ultimate in vibration control in my room.

The big thing that I'm lusting after right now is built-in LP shelving and lighting. Something that will look really great and function well.

After that, who knows?
  • jmasterj
    edited January 2003
    Damn Zen Dragon,

You want your cake, some ice cream, and you want to eat it too!
    I hear you ! Why not have it all.

rlw,

You're completely insane, You want to pour a separate foundation, detached from the house for the turntable. If I was king you'd have to have it. I'm loving this for real.
  • joe6pak
    joe6pak Posts: 267
    edited January 2003
    My vcr is showing its age. Like me, it is starting to have little problems here and there. I just hope it (and me) can hang on long enough so I can check out the next generation of dvd recorders with hard drive. The new pioneer is due out this spring. Have not heard about other brands, but some are sure to follow.

Need to get a new mega cd changer and a SACD/DVDAUDIO/DVD player. My tv is about 10 years old, and those plasmas are sure looking nice. This hobby is so addicting! Well at least I won't need new speakers or pre/amp for awhile.

George.

I'm with you about those big Dynaudios. They have to sound fantastic. I have heard the danes, that are a few steps down from those and they were great.

joe
  • George Grand
    edited January 2003
    I'm not really all that fired up about the system, but those slanted walls can be magic.

• rlw
    edited January 2003
    Originally posted by jmasterj

rlw,

You're completely insane, You want to pour a separate foundation, detached from the house for the turntable. If I was king you'd have to have it. I'm loving this for real.

I'll take that as a compliment, jmasterj, thanks.
  • jmasterj
    edited January 2003
    It was, and you're welcome.

Let us enjoy are music, our movies, and our systems. They are our own creations. Born of knowledge, economics, patience, and impatience, and chance, all fueled by desire.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited January 2003
    new system not so far away,a couple months and it will be finished.
    1)Sharp XV-Z10000 DLP projector
    2)Stewart Firehawk 100 inch screen(size will be adjusted after some measuring in the room)
    3)B&K ref50 preamp
    4)B&K ref200.5 amp
    5)B&K ref200.0 amp
    6)Sony HD200 HDTV Dss
    7)Polk LsiC
    8)Polk Lsifx
    9)Polk Lsi7's
    10)Rel Storm III
    11)Salamander 70" black with silver poles rack.
    12)Monsterpower Htps7000
    13)Monsterpower Avs2000
    Thats the short list for now.The gear rack will be built in the wall.The back of he rack will be inside a gear/software room.The rack will also have casters on it so I can move it.The theater room will be 15.5 x 24 x 8.That should be reall close to actual.I measured the space a couple times now where the theater is going to be built.I could go 16 feet wide but will loose some space in the gear room as the stairs come down in the corner behind where the gear room will go.
    I'm going to reuse some gear I already own.
    1)Polk Lsi15's
    2)Pioneer Elite Dv47a(untill the dv49a comes out)
    3)Pioneer Elite Cld-59 laser disc
    4)Pioneer Elite Pdf-19 cd player
    5)Transparent audio and video cables,and some Monstercable
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited January 2003
    No more Rotel?
    Make it Funky! :)
  • mantis
    edited January 2003
    I was hoping on a couple of factors with the new rsp1098,they didn't come threw.I still think Rotel is one hell of a company.B&K got a sparkle in my eye.There new amps and preamp this year is something else.The sound quality is even better.
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited January 2003
    Man my pic sucks,looks like the lense was dirty.
    Dan
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited January 2003
    and that yammer receiver preamp right? LOL!
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited January 2003
    I thought I had all the audio completed until I tried to hang the 2 fx1000's for back surrounds. Damn if they're just too big. Next upgrade is to 7.1 receiver. Probably Denon 3803, maybe separates if money is flowing freely. After that, it's video. I'm prewired for projector. Been looking at DLP's. Waiting for the Mustang chipset projectors to come down. IMO, HDTV is still a couple of years away, so no big hurry.
  • rlw
    edited January 2003
    Geez, guys, what happened to the idea that this was a "2 Channel Audio" forum?

I have no, zero, nada, zilch desire to read about HT/multi-channel, which is why I hang out on this forum. Maybe ya'll should get Justin and Micah to rename it, and I'll just stop hanging out here.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2003
    amen, rlw, amen.......

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • joe6pak
    joe6pak Posts: 267
    edited January 2003
    rlw

Please excuse me. Also I want to apologize for all the other HT/multi-channel morons that screwed up and posted on this 2 channel forum. Man we really screwed up your forum. We should not have done that. What were we thinking? Please forgive us.

joe
  • rlw
    edited January 2003
    joe6pak,

I'd thank you for the apology, and emphasize that morons don't think [leastwise that's why I call 'em "morons"], and probably say something about booming subwoofers in a HT causing brain damage, but we both know that you really don't give a damn what I think, so I won't bother.

:D

rlw