FS, Atl Pickup Only: Legacy Signature III In Gem Rosewood

mulveling
mulveling Posts: 505
edited July 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
The time has finally come for another big change in my audiophile life. Putting up my beloved Sig III's for sale :( Below is the audiogon ad, where they're listed at $2090 obo. I like you Polkies so much, you can have them for a mere $1790! These were purchased new by a local friend of mine in Summer 2005 for $4800.

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?spkrfull&1189871463&item

Look closely at these gems!

DSCF0151.jpg

DSCF0233.jpg

DSC_0074-1.JPG
Tannoy Dimension TD10, SOTA Star Sapphire, Heathkit W4A's, McIntosh MC2100, Eddie-Current Zana Deux, Singlepower SDS, Sennheiser HD650, Audio-Technica L3000, Sony Qualia 010
Post edited by mulveling on

Comments

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited July 2007
    If you'd consider shipping them I would buy them in an instant.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited July 2007
    Sorry for the cliche, standard question... but we're all thinking it anyway.
    What do ya have lined up?
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited July 2007
    I would buy them in a heartbeat, but as always, no where near me.........:(
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited July 2007
    And to think these badboys dig down to 13Hz, if I'm not mistaken. Man, I'd love to get my ears on this pair. I'll be in Atlanta in the next month and if by some ungodly reason these haven't moved, I'd love to swing by for an audition.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • mulveling
    edited July 2007
    Sorry for the cliche, standard question... but we're all thinking it anyway.
    What do ya have lined up?
    Nothing lined up per-se, except the reality that I'll be switching audio gears. The girlfriend moved in and I'll eventually have all my gear in a 11'x14' "mancave". They're too big for that, and honestly the flimsy walls/floors of this apartment were always holding back these amazing speakers anyways. They'll scale up with quality power, source, and a good room like you wouldn't believe. Ask George Daniel how crazy I am for even considering this move!

I'd also been wanting to try tube amplification, and this is as good an excuse as any to do so. Thinking moderate-power triode amp and monitors in a nearfield setup. I'll almost certainly be selling these fantastic Parasound JC-1's soon. It was a fun ride while it lasted but hard to sustain without being a homeowner.

There's a pair of VAC Musicblocs I can get for home audition from the local hifi shop (same place I got my SOTA TT), that I'm pretty excited about hearing. The small-room speaks, for now, will be the overachieving Taylo ref monitors; eventually I'd like to look into something like higher-end or vintage Tannoy dual-concentrics. Can't get much more a change of gears than that :D Well, life is too damn short to spend much of it being curious. Nature calls y'know! :D

Through it all I'll still have my reference Turntable/Headphone setup. Gotta have a steady reference!

BTW: I do have the boxes, so if these don't move in a month or so I may consider shipping. However, I'd first like to exhaust the possibility of a local sale.
    Tannoy Dimension TD10, SOTA Star Sapphire, Heathkit W4A's, McIntosh MC2100, Eddie-Current Zana Deux, Singlepower SDS, Sennheiser HD650, Audio-Technica L3000, Sony Qualia 010
  • Shizelbs
    edited July 2007
    mulveling wrote: »
    BTW: I do have the boxes, so if these don't move in a month or so I may consider shipping. However, I'd first like to exhaust the possibility of a local sale.

Please consider me when you do open them up for shipping.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited July 2007
    I'd really like to see these stay in the family. They've been in my top three "must-hears" for a minute now.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited July 2007
    I've heard mulveling's Legacys. Great speakers, great deal. Drive a couple hundred miles if you have to and buy these.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited July 2007
    those are wildly beautiful, the finish is amazing.
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    edited July 2007
    Dude,
    Buy a house. Keep the gear! Its a buyer's market right now (for housing).
    You're gonna kick yourself down the road when you get into a bigger place and want that sound back.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited July 2007
    What he said. Speakers will always fit. I have a pair of McIntosh ML-2Cs (picture two wooden large dishwashers) stuffed into a room that can't be more than 10x10' or so. Powered by over 200WPC of vintage solid-state amplification. :D
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited July 2007
    billbillw wrote: »
    Dude,
    Buy a house. Keep the gear! Its a buyer's market right now (for housing).
    You're gonna kick yourself down the road when you get into a bigger place and want that sound back.

+1,, Keep the speaks and the Jc-1's and the GF,,,,buy a house,,,.Seriously,,Mike's gear does not even have dust on it, much less an imperfection,,God forbid.:) Is this the girlfriend that I met recently? If so she's a keeper. Great guy to deal with,VERY knowledgeable.Good luck with your sale.

Edit; You are crazy :D
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited July 2007
    Those are among the most beautiful speakers I've seen; I bet they sound as good as they look...

I'm with the others that say keep them; the room I built is only 10x13, and I am happy with my two 130 lbs Tyler speakers. It sounded horrible with the empty room, but some treatments made it sound really good...ask Zombie :)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited July 2007
    Man...tell me it 'aint so....if you do decide to ship,use bax global.
    Some one is gonna get a great set of speakers that you could be happy with for the rest of your life.Very musical,plays all kinds of music extremely well.
    Grab these and don't look back.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • G-2
    G-2 Posts: 533
    edited July 2007
    tonyb wrote: »
    Man...tell me it 'aint so....if you do decide to ship,use bax global.

+1000 - this is who SVS uses for their Sub shipments and they coordinated with us and were a pleasure to work with (they also put the Sub in the house via hand truck, thank goodness). They are Top Shelf and highly recommended!
    Home Theater
    Chane
    A3rx-c's, A2rc-c, A1rx-c's|Miller & Kreisel V-125's|Sony XBR65X810C 65" 4K LED TV|
    Earthquake Cinenova Grande-5|Pioneer Elite - VSX-84TXSi-AVR|TRIPPLITE LCR2400|
    Ultrasonic Amp Stand|Blue Jeans,Audioquest,Monster Cables|

2 - Channel
    Polk
    RTA 12c's w/RDO194 TWEETS, clarity ESA caps mills resistors (full mod)|Turntable|
    Anthem MCA 2|Acurus Act 3 Pre Pro|Parasound P/Ph 100|Pioneer Elite N-30|Adcom GDA600|
    Premier Rack|Blue Jeans,Audioquest,Monster Cables|
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited July 2007
    HTrookie wrote: »
    I'm with the others that say keep them; the room I built is only 10x13, and I am happy with my two 130 lbs Tyler speakers. It sounded horrible with the empty room, but some treatments made it sound really good...ask Zombie :)

After spending time with HT's rig, I can say without any hesitation whatsoever that large speakers can work in a small-room. In fact, I'd hazard to guess that HT's dedicated audio room is significantly smaller than your living room and his speakers pretty much of comparable size. Nearly as many drivers as well...

I suppose it's all about blood, sweat, tears, and room treatments. But it can be done. And done magnificently at that.
  • mulveling
    edited July 2007
    These are SOLD to a great guy who's a longtime polkaudio forum lurker :)
    They sounded absolutely superb during the demo, I must say. Maybe the long wall placement (and a bit asymmetrical), against what acoustics typically dictates, was actually more optimal for these speaks. Who knew? :confused: Actually this was similar to the placement of Early B's setup. Shoulda taken a page from his playbook a while ago.

I was sad to see them go, and in terrible fear of severe seller's remorse, until I had a revelation while browsing audiogon last night. I happened upon these, a longtime "dream speaker" of mine:
    http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1189349806

Suffice it to say my Credit Card is now thoroughly sore. Yeah, a tad bigger than I was looking for, but still much smaller than the Legacys. These are speaks that will be a bit funky looking to some, but I love 'em :) No I didn't plan this, the timing just worked out really well.
  • Shizelbs
    edited July 2007
    I guess I'm happy for you, sad for myself. I personally like the looks of the Tannoys. Hope your ears will like them as well.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited July 2007
    Congrats and rats and everything in between. I'm sure the Tannoys are stellar performers. And to think I was going to be in Marietta in two weeks...

drat and double drat
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited July 2007
    Very handsome speakers. I hope girlfriend #2 likes 'em. :)

That Tannoy center channel looks menacing. Dual 8" woofs. Gotta love that.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."