The Best Polk Speakers

gtsdarts
gtsdarts Posts: 15
edited January 2003 in 2 Channel Audio
GOT TO HAVE BIG WOOFERS 12" OR 15" WHAT IS THE HOT TICKET IF I WAS SEARCHING E-BAY
gtsdarts
Post edited by gtsdarts on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited January 2003
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Gary Robertson
    Gary Robertson Posts: 201
    edited January 2003
    Go to radio shack and buy some capacitors and speaker wire clampsand connectors.Then get some3/4 inch plywood cut out a pattern and build a box 18" high and 20 " length and width.
    You don't want it too big or too small,because you will create over or under damped alignment.. sand it and mold the edges and coenerd then put a nice stain or varnish on ot and you'll have to go but a dual voice coil speaker 12 " works well..you can get a high quality JL audio speaker for
    about 165 dollars.its 4 ohm but you can coss wire it for 8 ohm ....
    I did this myself once and i was extremely impressed with the performance -very deep and very powerful.. I still have this home made Passive sub along with others,,but it Really sounds "MUCH" better than a lot of those 2 thousand dollar subs at a boutique brands stores and it didnt even cost me 200 bucks.it only goes from 150hz down to 18hz..i guess it's not too high because i can not tell where the bass is coming frm when cranked..
    System #2
    Yamaha cdc-755,(20 bit DAC )
    Yamaha KX W382 cassette deck,
    ADCOM GFA-545-II.ampfilier,,
    ADCOM GFP-450 Preamp ,,BBE audio Restoration System (ARS)--Monster--M850I Innerconects and Monster 14 gauge speaker cable and the Fabulous POLK RT-7's with a Velodyne 12/15 subwoofer system ....she rocks.........
    System #1:
    Meridian 508-24 cd.(20 bit DAC)
    Adcom -Gfp 750 preamp,
    Bryston 14b-sst amplifier,
    Martin Logan Prodigy Electrostatc speakers.and Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II innerconnects (rca) with Acoustic Zen Satori Shotgun speaker cable.
    ............................. "Jazz is democracy in music".
  • stubby
    stubby Posts: 723
    edited January 2003
    F1nut has the right idea. BTW, do you have a GTS Dart?

Stubby
    SRS 3.1TL
    Harman Kardon Citation 5.1
    Anthem AVM2

• George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited January 2003
    How are things in lovely Rosamond? I visited your town couple months ago. Ate at that GREAT Mexican place near the little airport. Can't remember the name of it, but it's at the opposite end of the highway that leads to Edwards AFB. If you know of it, then you must have already tried the steak stuffed with cheese and ham, and wrapped in bacon. Heart attack on a plate, but worth every spasm.

Also took pictures of Billy the Mountain. The big mount between Rosamond and Gorman. Do you speak Zappa?

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)
  • gtsdarts
    gtsdarts Posts: 15
    edited January 2003
    yes i have a gts dart 68.. im selling to my brother.. and buying a 67 383 charger.. i also have a 64 dodge polara 500/440 mag. spend saturdays fixing up the gts 340 will finish by summer.along with the charger, i just did a gto one year ago and before that a z 28.sold both..
    gtsdarts
  • Gary Robertson
    Gary Robertson Posts: 201
    edited January 2003
    Oh god yes i speak Zappa,he graduaded from Antelope Valley high school right here exactly 9 miles from my house along with Captain Beefheart..Remember this??? (I had a cheezy little amp,it had a sign on the front that said fender champ..We had no dope or LSD, but a couple of quarts of beer..).....
    Jamming in Joe's garage-Ha,ha,ha,ha... that Zappa was a musical genious -he also produced some of the old Grand Funk albums...Yes i know the place where you ate in Rosamond well-Good food-it's called THE GOLDEN CANTINA.
    I rode my dirt bike right next to the outside patio fence just yesterday.and i know hwy 138 Gorman well ,,my trompin' grounds.next time you come here you need to go to CALIFORNIA SOUNDWORKS on lancaster boulevard..That is where the high end magic in this valley comes from,it is where my insanity started ,,i have never once "EVER" caught these salesmen in a lie in the 23 years they have been here.boy those B&W and NHT speakers among others are something else-oh and i can't forget my RT-7's
    System #2
    Yamaha cdc-755,(20 bit DAC )
    Yamaha KX W382 cassette deck,
    ADCOM GFA-545-II.ampfilier,,
    ADCOM GFP-450 Preamp ,,BBE audio Restoration System (ARS)--Monster--M850I Innerconects and Monster 14 gauge speaker cable and the Fabulous POLK RT-7's with a Velodyne 12/15 subwoofer system ....she rocks.........
    System #1:
    Meridian 508-24 cd.(20 bit DAC)
    Adcom -Gfp 750 preamp,
    Bryston 14b-sst amplifier,
    Martin Logan Prodigy Electrostatc speakers.and Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II innerconnects (rca) with Acoustic Zen Satori Shotgun speaker cable.
    ............................. "Jazz is democracy in music".