What a day at Joe's...

Options
pearsall001
pearsall001 Posts: 4,997
WOW!!! The day started off with Dave (Fireman32), Lou (Ohskigod), & Sal (Lasareath) dropping by my place for a short visit to hear a few tunes on my system before heading to Joe's. Anty (Amulford) was making a sausage run and came a bit later. I must say Joe's wife Phyllisann is such a gracious host & an angel to put up with the likes of us. Her meatballs & sausage along with Anty's sausage's were just simply out of this world. The desserts weren't too bad either. Actually they were damn good.

Joe is just so proud of his rig & I must say rightfully so. Listening to vinyl most of the day was a very enlightening experience, especially from a CD guy like myself. I have to say I was very impressed with the way Joe's vinyl sounded. Enough to make a convert out of me...well that's a story for another day. Hmmmmm...maybe, you just never know.

It was really nice that Michael (MSALLA) & his wife stopped by for a short visit also. The time just flew by & before you knew it, it was after 10:00. Time to head on home. It trully was a great day spent with fabulous people that I have met thru the Polk forum. I can't wait to meet more of you. By far the best forum in audio!!!!
"2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
Post edited by pearsall001 on

Comments

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Sounds like a great time. :) Sorry I don't live closer at times.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited July 2007
    Options
    glad you all had a great day, one day I am going to make that Jersey swing, but why not come on down to the Fest Phil, there should be someone to hitch a ride or flight with. There will be both formats going on no doubt. Plus, Joe will be looking for some records he keeps saying he sent me.........records what records?????

Again, glad to hear you guys and the ladies had a great one.

RT1
  • Midnite Mick
    Midnite Mick Posts: 1,591
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Oh man, I am just dying to hear a vinyl rig!
    Modwright SWL 9.0 SE (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Consonance cd120T
    Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Usher CP 6311

Phillips Pronto TS1000 Universal Remote
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Lasareath wrote: »
    Mick,

How far are you from NJ?, I'm driving down again on the 21st.

Sal

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa talk about teasing the poor guy! Um Canada!:eek:
  • Midnite Mick
    Midnite Mick Posts: 1,591
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Let me just put my shoes on.....I'll be there in 10 minutes:)
    Modwright SWL 9.0 SE (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Consonance cd120T
    Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Usher CP 6311

Phillips Pronto TS1000 Universal Remote
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Agreed it was a great time and i'm looking foward to the 21st.