LS 70's

Options
Jockos
Jockos Posts: 310
edited June 2007 in Vintage Speakers
Anyone have any experience with LS 70's? There's a pair for $150 on CL. Hows the sound compared to my RTA 11T's?

Jockos
Post edited by Jockos on

Comments

• Nisqually Dave
    Nisqually Dave Posts: 220
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Man that is about 250 to 300 hundred under priced they are great speakers.
  • 55LS70
    55LS70 Posts: 184
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I've had a pair for the last 12 years. I'm very happy with them. Robust enough to withstand higher powered transister equipment (I used a Carver M1-T for the first eight years I had them) with enough efficiency to allow for tube equipment. I've never listened to the RTA 11T's though, so I can't help you there. After about seven years of use (Hard use I might add!!) I had to replace the drivers and I'm now beginning to think I should do the same for the crossovers. The bottom end has seem to lost a little definition. For $150, I don't think you could go wrong. If the cabinets are in good shape, they alone would be worth that. Good luck and regards.
    Decware CSP3 Preamp, RCA 6DJ8, 2 X Rocket 6N1P-EV's, Cary SLA70B Signature V2 Amplifier: 2 X Mullard GZ32's, 2 X RCA/GE 5691's, 4 X Tung-Sol 6550's

Cambridge Audio 640C V2 CD Player & Dacmagic DAC

Rega Planar 3: Deep Groove Subplatter, P3 Motor
    upgrade, Dynavector 10x5, JA Michell counterwieght, Cardas tonearm wiring and Mapleshade stand

Parks Audio Budgie Hybrid Phonostage with BEL 6922 tubes, Polk Audio LS70's

H.H. Scott 330D AM/FM Tuner with H.H. Scott 335 Multiplex adaptor.