Speaker Spikes

Options
MillerLiteScott
MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
edited June 2007 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
I am looking to spike my 2b's.

Are the spikes from Parts Express any good?
I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
Post edited by MillerLiteScott on

Comments

• janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Not sure about those, but these are awesome.

Mye Sound
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Sure, 1/4 - 20 thread.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited June 2007
    Options
    janmike wrote: »
    Not sure about those, but these are awesome.

Mye Sound

How do they attach to the speaker?

I think the ones at PE have a t-nut that you insert into the speaker cabinet. The spikes screw into those.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited June 2007
    Options
    For me, I did not need a T-Nut. If you e-mail them they can determine exactly what you require. Nice people and a great product. Grant is the owner.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • bsoko2
    bsoko2 Posts: 1,449
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I bought 2 sets of these brass/gold plated spikes for subs and speakers and for $19.88 you won't lose money on this.

Go here: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=240-718

Here's what it is: By rigidly coupling a loudspeaker enclosure to a floor by means of a "spiking" system, it is possible to dramatically improve clarity, stereo imaging and bass response. This is very apparent with subwoofer systems. These attractive spikes are precision machined from solid brass and then plated with a durable gold finish. Each cone spike weighs 86 grams and measures 1-1/4" diameter and 1-1/2" tall. The two piece threaded tip design allows for precise level adjustment. T-nuts and threaded studs are included for mounting in cabinets with walls up to 1" thick. Set includes 4 gold cone spikes, 4 gold floor discs, 4 T-nuts and 4 threaded studs.

Bill:) :):):):):)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,851
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Mye Sound spikes are what real men use, none better.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• bsoko2
    bsoko2 Posts: 1,449
    edited June 2007
    Options
    How would you know, have you tried any other spikes besides the Mye.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,851
    edited June 2007
    Options
    When only the best will do, why bother with anything else!?! :D

I mye have tried a few spikes in my time, have you tried the Mye spikes?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited June 2007
    Options
    A few years ago the Parts Express spikes were on sale for $12/kit so I bought a bunch of them and spiked everything. I think that they are excellent for the money, including the round footers. I cannot see how other can charge so much for spikes like the racing cones, when these will fit the bill for most applications, and look good also.
    V