FS Marantz Pre-Pro /w Matching amp (AV9000 - MM9000)

Options
BrentMcGhee
BrentMcGhee Posts: 548
edited June 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Hey guys.... it's been a while since i have been on here. Well i gotta say i see some famillar faces but a whole lot of new ones, good to know that club polk is not going anywhere and it is growing everyday.

Any way i have a Marantz AV9000 pre-processor and the matching MM9000 power amp to go with it. They are both in perfect working order i am using them in a 2-channel setup right now using the 5 channel amp to bi-amp a pair of rt55i's. The set up sounds incredible. However i am getting ready to buy a new car again and time to scrounge up some funds.

Here are the links to the spec sheets for each.

****Still Needs Owner****
Marantz AV9000 - http://us.marantz.com/c_av9000.pdf

****SOLD****
Marantz MM9000 - http://us.marantz.com/c_mm9000.pdf

I am looking to sell each one for $300.00 each

I can take some pictures of them to post if there is any interest.

I hope these can find a good home they would make a terrific addition to any theater or even 2-channel set up like i have been using them.
Post edited by BrentMcGhee on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2007
    Options
    pictures do help sell items in here.. plus I want to see what they look like together. ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • BrentMcGhee
    edited June 2007
    Options
    o yeah i almost forgot. I also have the mathcing dvd player the Marantz DV7100 (Specs found here - http://www.marantz.com/p_product.cfm?id=534&cont=u&cat=hf&single=1)

I would like $100 for it or $1,000 total if someone gets all three. I was using this as the cd player in my 2-channel set up with zero problems, for a dvd player it has suprisingly smooth analog audio out.

Again i can take some pictures and post them if you guys want to see em..... just let me know.
  • BrentMcGhee
    edited June 2007
    Options
    PICTURES. are posted now.......

I had forgotten about this until i just went to take the pictures but the center channel negative binding post is missing from the amp. Take a look at the picture and you will know what i mean. I can work with someone one this issue though.
  • danger boy
    edited June 2007
    Options
    very nice.. they look nearly spankin brand new. :)
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited June 2007
    Options
    those are really wild, and nice to see something different on here .good luck with the sale.

one bump for you
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Those do look very nice, anyone in the market for a high quality DVD player need to check this one out...
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,719
    edited June 2007
    Options
    In the pic of the back of the MM9000, it looks like the negative center channel post is broken off. Is that the case? How is the condition of the rest off the unit? Do you have the original boxes?
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Check out post # 4, there, WilliamM2. ;)
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • WilliamM2
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Thanks, I missed that. Still wondering about the other two questions.
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited June 2007
    Options
    if I had 1000 to spend right now those would be mine
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • BrentMcGhee
    edited June 2007
    Options
    WilliamM2 wrote: »
    Thanks, I missed that. Still wondering about the other two questions.

They are in very good condition, besides some fingerprints and smudges on the front wich would all wipe off anyway. These actually came from a customers house of mine. I installed these on a free air rack with plenty of ventalation at there house in there basement theater. I set them up with a universal remote so the only thing that they ever even had to touch was the dvd player to load movies into. They only used the set up to watch movies prob about 1 a week for a little more than a year. I actually bought them from them when they were moving and were not going to set up a theater in there new house right away so i came and took them off there hands. From there they were in a 2 channel set up at my house again on a free air rack where they got prob about 4 hours of use a week for about 6 months.

Unfourtanetly i do not have the orginal boxes or manuals but i do not mind printing out there manuals from marantz's website and shipping them with the units. I do have the original remotes however.
  • BrentMcGhee
    edited June 2007
    Options
    **bump**

Is there really not that much interest in these items right now?
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Nice gear...............but no HDMI connections will affect the sales of alot of nice gear from the last couple of years.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • WilliamM2
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I am a little interested in the amp. I have an e-mail into Marantz to find out the cost/availability of a new binding post.

Taking the post into consideration, could you PM me a price shipped to 49686?
  • BrentMcGhee
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Ok... Thanks to another member on the forum he pointed out to me that the going rate for these items is significantly lower than what i am asking, i had no idea and i appreciate him letting me know.

After doing some research on prices i have lowered the prices of the equipment to better accomodate the prices i was finding on places like ebay and audiogon.

The pre-pro and the amp are both now $300 each and the dvd player i have dropped to $100 simply because no hdmi connection. It is still a terrific dvd player but with everything going to hdmi now i would be hard pressed to sell it at anything higher than $100.

pm if interested.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited June 2007
    Options
    http://www.audioreview.com/mfr/marantz/amplifiers/PRD_123770_1583crx.aspx

Damn I wish I wasn't broke this week!
    I do take these reviews with a grain of salt, and I always look to see what they have owned before I read the reviews.

Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited June 2007
    Options
    That is very well rated, if I wasn't broke as well, the amp would be on it's way to me...BTW, at $100, that DVD player is a steal.....
  • danger boy
    edited June 2007
    Options
    wow.. i'll take the Marantz amp.. i'll also PM you Brent.
  • WilliamM2
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Hi Danger,
    I was waiting for Brent to PM me a price, but he has posted here instead?

I will take it.
  • BrentMcGhee
    edited June 2007
    Options
    The Amp has now been sold! Thank you WilliamM2

I am still have the pre-pro (300.00) and the dvd player (100.00) for sale.......
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Good snag Bill. I hope you will post a review of this amp for us:)

Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • danger boy
    edited June 2007
    Options
    WilliamM2 wrote: »
    Hi Danger,
    I was waiting for Brent to PM me a price, but he has posted here instead?

I will take it.

not a problem....

good snag.

enjoy!
  • sbpolk
    sbpolk Posts: 644
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I was very interested in this amp, I held out for two reasons. I wanted to find out how to fix the binding post, and I was looking for a decent Marantz AVR to serve as a pre/pro with HDMI. I couldn't find the ideal AVR... I just wanted them to match ;)

Good snag on the amp! I should have just bought it!
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
  • BrentMcGhee
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Bump one more time.... still need a home for the Pre/Pro and the dvd player.

Off to craiglist, audiogon or ebay after the weekend.. just trying to get em' to some fellow polk heads first.