Infocus X1 projector for sale - almost new

Options
Mazeroth
Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
edited June 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I have an Infocus X1 that's barely been used. It comes with the projector, remote control which is still in the plastic, a carrying case, all accessories (never opened), and the $15 VGA to component adapter directly from Infocus.

I am selling this because I just upgraded to a 720p DLP projector and have no use for it. The projector is going through a very common phase in an X1's bulb life and that is when the bulb will slightly pulsate but it's not very obvious. My brother and his wife were over a few weeks ago and watched Batman Returns. At the end I asked them if they noticed the bulb pulsating and they said they didn't. The reason the bulbs do this is because they have a poor arc and over time it will burn itself into its new location and work just fine. You can temporarily fix this by placing a magnet above the bulb and the pulsating disappears. This is VERY common for projectors; just look up pulsate on AVSForum.com and you'll see.

EDIT: I forgot to mention but this projector and bulb have just a tad over 300 hours on them, making them practically new. You should be able to get another 3000-3500 hours on the bulb.

I'm looking for $300 shipped for this in the original box with all accessories with insurance.

Thanks.
Post edited by Mazeroth on

Comments

• Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited June 2007
    Options
    data projector, yes?
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited June 2007
    Options
    It is a data projector, but this particular model has Faroudja DCDi scaling built in, so it works very well as a theater projector. Resolution is 800 x 600, but I've seen this look better than a lot of 720/768 projectors. Dennis Gardner has/had one and liked it for home theater. I'm very tempted.....
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • Mazeroth
    Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Toxis wrote: »
    data projector, yes?

Yes sir. A very, very good data projector :p

I forgot to mention up top and I'm going to edit it now. This projector has just a tad over 300 hours on it (bulb and projector; bulb came with it) so it should go another 3000-3500 before the bulb needs replaced. Do the math :D