e-bay LS f/x Purchase - LS f/x Owners Please have a look, something's not quite right

Options
Tour2ma
Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
edited January 2003 in Speakers
I won these "mint" surrounds last week. They arrived yesterday via UPS and were left on front porch. Box was sound, etc., but when I picked it up could feel the speakers were shifting inside the box. Poor packing job has resulted in all four posts broken on two of the grills (one per each speaker). Will deal with seller on this, but first have a question for any past or present LS f/x owners out there.

When I pulled all four grills, one has a different frame than the other three. (see pic) Three are like the frame on the left; the 4th is like the one on the right. The bottom edge of the “dip” at the top of the right-hand frame borders on the top edge of the tweeter that it will cover. Doesn’t make sense to me that this one odd-ball grill is by design.

Did a different model’s cover get slipped in here?
More later,
Tour...
Vox Copuli
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
Post edited by Tour2ma on

Comments

• hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited January 2003
    Options
    I can check tonight, but it looks funny to have 1 odd ball
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."