another monitor tweeter question

Options
honda cber
honda cber Posts: 267
edited June 2007 in Vintage Speakers
a more appropriate question:

are the crossover points significantly different between series 1 mon 10's and series 2 mon 10's (which should have the same SL2500 tweeters)? am i totally off base here?

any insight would be greatly appreciated.

a
gear list:
1 down, 4 up....
Post edited by honda cber on

Comments

• NeilGabriel
    NeilGabriel Posts: 1,487
    edited May 2007
    Options
    http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/service/models/modelpartslist.php3?model=monitor

some tho not all parts list for various monitors....that thread posted in your other post might answer some parts of this current question.
  • honda cber
    edited May 2007
    Options
    yes, and thank-you...
    i did reference that page (from the last time) before posting this thread... while it does show that the crossovers are not identical (the A vs. B designation), it does not answer my question. for all i know, the difference may be as insignificant as date of manufacture, or something much more important, which will make swapping tweeters at will an exercise in futility and a waste of time...

a
    gear list:
    1 down, 4 up....
  • honda cber
    edited June 2007
    Options
    FWIW, i found the info i needed:
    If yours originally came with the sl2500 then your crossover would be matched with the sl2500/sl3000 replacement tweeter RD0198-1 not RD0194-1 which is the sl2000 replacement tweeter.
    by polk65, in THIS thread.

lol, its all here if you can figure out how to find it! computers are not meant to be friendly. theyre meant to be complex and intimidating. f you cant figure it out, you fail. youre off the team.

a
    gear list:
    1 down, 4 up....
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    edited June 2007
    Options
    honda cber wrote: »
    FWIW, i found the info i needed:

by polk65, in THIS thread.

lol, its all here if you can figure out how to find it! computers are not meant to be friendly. theyre meant to be complex and intimidating. f you cant figure it out, you fail. youre off the team.

a

I'm not sure about this. A few years ago it seems that Ken S. addressed the reason/difference's between the new silk domes and the older "TL" series tweeters.

EDIT: The RD0194-1 replaces the sl1000 and sl2000. The RD0198-1 replaces the sl2500 and sl3000.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!