Psw202

Options
DonCB
DonCB Posts: 24
Hi all - new to here - just a few quick questions about the PSW202...

I just picked usp the CSi30 and the FXi30 and got the PSW202 "free"

Is anyone else using this sub? What do you think of it?

Any suggestions as to how to set it up....

Running off the LFE from my Yamaha RX-V530

Main are an "old" pair of Monitor 7's.... still sound great...

thanks

Don
Post edited by DonCB on

Comments

• mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 2
    edited January 2003
    Options
    I got one a couple weeks ago and am running it with my RT600i's (all four main speakers) and am pretty pleased although personally, I am wondering whether I really need to use it as the RT's did a pretty good job anyway...

I hooked it up Polk's way using the speaker wire method and it certainly gave more bass volume, sounds great for a midsized room!

Mike
  • STUFFMD
    STUFFMD Posts: 381
    edited January 2003
    Options
    I Got the 202 with my LsiC, I hooked it up to my surrounds, The 30's,placed it right behind the couch. I have the 350 hooked up to the Mains, but especially in HT mode the 202 is a nice extra kick in the ****. I don't know that it(the 202) would be my first choice to hook up to the mains...but it will definately work until an upgrade comes along.
    Enjoy, Peace, StuffMD
    Your system is only as good as your weakest component...!

OnkyoTX-DS 797
    NAD C270/ Mains
    Mains: LSI9's
    Center: Cs400i /Biwired
    Rear: Fx300i
    Rear Center:CS 245i
    Dvd: Onkyo DVS 555
    Vision RCA 36" Premiere Series
    Bang & Olfsen RX Turntable
    Psw 350 Front/Psw 202 rear
    Kimber Cable 4TC Mains HF
    Monster Originals/Center
    Kimber Interconnects
    Monster XP Everywhere else
    PS2/Gamecube
  • DonCB
    edited January 2003
    Options
    STUFFMD and mikeyboy - thanks for the reply... I think it not a bad Sub (pretty good for free!) but my main have as good or better -3db response than this sub.... Think I will look into an upgrade..... anyone have any suggestions as to a better sub.. remember I only have 75 watts /ch with my Yamaha rx-v530.... so volume is not the problem... freq resp is....

Thanks again

Don
  • STUFFMD
    STUFFMD Posts: 381
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Hey Don, I really like my Psw-350, It shakes the house all the way up to the third floor.....but I have always found( in my experience) that the bigger the room the more sub you need. My HT is setup in a 10by15 room. The 350 does great....15by 15 this sub works well....but as room size increases the bigger the sub you will need.
    Just my 2 cents.... Peace StuffMD
    Your system is only as good as your weakest component...!

OnkyoTX-DS 797
    NAD C270/ Mains
    Mains: LSI9's
    Center: Cs400i /Biwired
    Rear: Fx300i
    Rear Center:CS 245i
    Dvd: Onkyo DVS 555
    Vision RCA 36" Premiere Series
    Bang & Olfsen RX Turntable
    Psw 350 Front/Psw 202 rear
    Kimber Cable 4TC Mains HF
    Monster Originals/Center
    Kimber Interconnects
    Monster XP Everywhere else
    PS2/Gamecube
  • geekmedic
    geekmedic Posts: 78
    edited January 2003
    Options
    I had the option of either taking the PSW202 for free or getting a $200 credit toward the purchase of a higher-end sub. I chose the PSW202. I'm happy with it.

My apartment isn't that big, so I don't need a huge sub. Plus I don't want to create a situation where the neighbors are complaining.

When I get a house of my own, then I'll consider upgrading. Until then, I'm enjoying the free sub.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. - Albert Einstein
  • DonCB
    edited January 2003
    Options
    After using the 202 for a while and playing around with the multiude of setting, I have found this sub to be great for HT but a little lacking for music... but for much the same reason that you have stated, I have decided that for "free" it is a great sub!