MM2084DVC - minimum box size

Options
CarolinaSP3
CarolinaSP3 Posts: 2
edited June 2007 in Car Subwoofer Talk
First off, let me start with the fact that I am not a newbie to much of anything. My question is product specific.
I have a very small car (Mazdaspeed3) and do not want to put my subs in the hatch area as I am inordinately sensitive to source location and it would annoy the heck out of me.
I am not looking for thump, but accurate reproduction of musical instruments that produce deep tones (I listen to a lot of old blues and some classical, as well as classic rock).
If I use a pair of MM2084DVC in small sealed boxes with stuffing, how small can I reasonably go with the boxes (the install will be two separate boxes - I am going to see what happens if I run them in stereo) and be able to make up the low frequency loss through active equalization?
Power is not a problem. I'm going to be using a Fosgate Punch 75 and the birth sheet claims 238 watts per channel at the 2006 standard (I forget the name of the standard right now). If I bridge it to mono and put the speakers in parallel, the output is something like 700 watts into 4 ohms at the standard. I may need to upgrade my alternator though...oh well, nothing worth doing is ever easy.
Post edited by CarolinaSP3 on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I wouldnt go smaller than .3 ft3 for each sub. Recommended interior volume is .33
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D