EX356 or DX6?

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited November 2001 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have a Chevy S-10 ext cab pu and want some opinions on which of the Polk 6 1/2s I should purchase. I have a Pioneer DEH-P4100 head unit and am going to replace my factory door speakers with a pair of the Polks. I do not want to go to components because of the cuts.
I cannot find much on the EX365s but a lot of great things have been said about the DX6s.
I am not pushing it with an amp, just the 45w x 4 from the head unit.
Any thoughts?
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited November 2001
    Thanks for making Polk your choice in replacing the factory speakers. As for which to choose, it is good to know that you will be powering them off the radio power. The EX365 will be a great choice in this case. The power handling of the EX365 will also be fine should you change your mind down the road and decide to add and amplifier to drive them. The biggest difference is in the tweeter. The DX tweeter is sweet but the EX3 is really close. Plus, the EX3 has the cool R.E.L. (rotating eliptical lens). This lens allows you to focus the tweeter and it is more defined than the typical swivel tweeter that everyone else makes. Still not sure....go to Polk's dealer locator to see where they are available in your area then take a listen and decide which is better for you.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing