How about BASS

Options
Airplay355
Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
i have rti100's as mains a cs245i for a center and yamaha 3 way speakers for surrounds, i dont know the model for those.......anyway i noticed that when i stand over my system the bass is incredibly stronger then if im infront of everything, i have my system set up in a very strange way because i dont have room to place the surrounds in the back of the room....instead i have all 5 speakers on one wall and surprisingly it sounds fine this way, im sure it would sound better the way its meant to be set up but oh well....neway is the bass difference due to my speakers being close to a wall, close together, or because of the unusual way i have my surround system set up? or is it from the vibrating wall and window behind my system? system still sounds great but im just curious. thanx :D
Post edited by Airplay355 on

Comments

• MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited January 2003
    Options
    How small is ur room, if it is small - there will be no difference between the speakers being on the front or back wall....
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • Zen Dragon
    Zen Dragon Posts: 501
    edited January 2003
    Options
    It is highly likely that you are hearing the acoustics from the bass rebounding off the floor and or the far wall when you stand up. For audio listening having all speakers on the same wall should not matter too much, but you will lose all benefits of surround features, IE sound coming from behind, when using them to watch movies.
    The Family
    Polk SDA-1C's
    Polk SDA-2
    Polk Monitor 10B's
    Polk LSI-9's
    Polk Monitor 5's
    Polk 5 jr's
    Polk PSW-450 Sub
    Polk CSI40 Center

Do not one day come to die, and discover you have not lived.
    This is pretty f***ed up right here.