Is my SL3000 in my RTA 11TL normal?

Options
brodiem
brodiem Posts: 8
edited May 2007 in Vintage Speakers
I just picked up a pair of RTA 11TL's, and I'm questioning the tweeters on these. They are a goldish colored tweet, but from the pics I've seen online they look to be all black? I pulled one of them out and it indeed has the stamp on the magnet that it's an SL3000. Can anyone confirm these gold colored tweets? I can post pics if needed.

Thanks
Post edited by brodiem on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Yes, some of the 3000's had a 'gold' looking finish to them. Raife can probably expound upon it better than I, although I've never seen them in an RTA - I've seen quite a few SDA's with the gold 3000's.

Two things - a lot of the tweeters will photo black, depending on the flash and angle - additionaly a lot of people have upgraded to the silk replacement tweeters available from Polk (which are black).

Welcome to the boards, great vintage Polk you've got your hands on.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,848
    edited May 2007
    Options
    SL3000's came in blue/black, silver and a gold tone. Due to the manufacturing process the outcome could not be controlled. Polk would select sets based on the color. So, your set of gold tone tweeters are normal.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk