Should I get these?

Options
2»

Comments

• warlocks1
    warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
    edited May 2007
    Options
    I picked them up today. There appear to be in good shape except for the bases. The previous owner took the feet off and liked to slide them around on concrete or something. One base appears to have water damage. I am already in communication with Jesse the wood guru. I noticed on each speaker one tweeter is opposite the other( Top tweeter has the Polk audio logo on the right side and the bottom tweeter has the Polk on the left side.) Was it made that way or were they moved or replaced at some point?

As for the amp, it looks to be in very good condition. I will put on Ebay or Craigslist after I verify it works OK. I don't need another amp in the house.

Thanks for making me spend more money! Jeff
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Congrats. Nice snag.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Thanks for making spend more money! Jeff[/QUOTE]

You're welcome,come back any time:D
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Congratulations, I think that you are really going to like them. Enjoy. :)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • warlocks1
    warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
    edited May 2007
    Options
    They do sound nice. I was worried when i hooked them up, only the SDA driver's were working on one speaker. I removed the crossover and found one of the wires was disconnected. All is well now!