Your interests

mjmcg
mjmcg Posts: 102
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Just a feeler for who's interested in what.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2001
    One vote for 2ch.....HT also...

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • mjmcg
    edited July 2001
    This should prove interesting over the course of time.
  • lbrenner
    lbrenner Posts: 33
    edited July 2001
    You actually didn't provide a choice for my vote, which would have been "Mainly 2CH music system, but also used for HT." I had to vote for the mainly HT but play music on it choice instead, which isn't really the same thing.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited July 2001
    You needed a choice for only Home Theater. Music is nothing more than backround noise for me while I tweak my HT.

Good poll though.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • mjmcg
    edited July 2001
    I'm replying to the last two posts....I thought out the choices VERY carefuly...to answer the first guy, RON, Your choice would be to vote for HT with some music. that answer covers having HT only...realizing that you can play music on it too, but not as a primary purpose. That saved from having the extra choice..it covers both. I was taking into account that if it's an HT sytem in the first place, then it's not a serious audio (only) system, though some might think otherwise. Thus the comment added "one system does both jobs well enough" or whatever it says.
    And for lbrenner, the choice mainly 2ch, but used for HT also makes no sense...if its mainly 2 channel only, that means NO TV or video equip AT ALL. If it has either, then it qualifies for HT in our book. 2 channel audio only means 2 channel audio ONLY. I understand the point of your post, but if you incorporate a TV or VCR or DVD into your system, you just turned it into a HT, though it may not have surrounds or a center, it still is not a DEDICATED audio only system, that's what I'm getting at. The other possibilty for your answer would have been If I could have 2 systems I would, but only have 2 channel for now. There is some room for interpretation in the answers.
    After having thought of all the possibilities of system configurations and uses, I felt the choices given covered them well.
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited July 2001
    unless i live george lucus i will never have the hometheater that i want to have,so i put 99% of my eggs in 2 channel stereo

scott:cool:
  • jeffeb3
    jeffeb3 Posts: 106
    edited July 2001
    I'm that 4.55% without a HT
  • mjmcg
    edited July 2001
    Doesn't anyone find it strange that as for the moment there are about 125 views on this post, yet only 23 votes?
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited July 2001
    Everytime you look at a post, it will add a tick mark. So the same people could just keep checking the results every now and again, and it will add one to the "views" count.

~JB
  • mjmcg
    edited July 2001
    I used to visit another page, I don't recal which righ offhand at the moment...but it would only register one tick per day no matter how many times you looked at posts during the day. I tested it once, visited several times in a short period, yet it only increased the views tally by one.
  • mjmcg
    edited July 2001
    Contrary to what popular opinion once held, I see that 2ch systems are a little more popular than what some of you led on...hmmmm
  • mjmcg
    edited July 2001
    Hmm, I spoke too soon, things seem to have taken a turn for the worse.
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited July 2001
    You didn't expect anything different did you?

We are living in a multi-media world today. It seems it takes a lot more stimulus today to get/keep peoples attention and entertain them. For most, audio alone won't do it. They need the sight and sounds atmosphere to be moved. For some of us, we still appreciate an ideal setting, a dark room and the music experiance. This is what moves us. While we can enjoy the movie experiance once in a while, it doesn't move us.
  • mjmcg
    edited July 2001
    Agrred on that one. When I listen to music in the dark, I loose all concept of room boundries and environmental settings. When I watch a movie, I merely think: "hey, this is way, far cool!", but I'm still sitting my living room and find myself looking out the window or getting up to get a drink, check the dog, take a wiz etc. When I'm settled in to listen, I don't get up or look around til I'm damnwell done and the laser pickup has come to rest back at the stops.