Vintage Kyocera R-851 Receiver

Options
candyliquor35m
candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
edited May 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
If you're into old receivers and want something a little less common than Pioneer or Marantz or the others then you might want this. I'm the second owner. Original box (I think), manual, receipt, sales brochure. From what I remember it was a floor model so it was sold for $495 instead of the MSRP $855 according to Orion. $200 shipped

AM/FM tuner
MM phono
MC phono
85 wpc MOSFET
2 tape inputs
1 aux input
Parametric-type EQ
Subsonic filter
High filter
Loudness
Copy tape 1-2
Copy tape 2-1

It's not going to blow your socks off but it is a nice piece of hardware. I bought it mid 80's and have used it sparingly ever since. It's always been hooked up and played every few months. It's never been stored away in a closet, storage unit or garage. Due to age I have to give a 5/10 but it's much nicer than that. Not mint but not abused. One or both of the copy tape functions may not work. I can't remember for sure.
Post edited by candyliquor35m on

Comments

• ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Kyocera rocks!
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.