NeilGabriel Posts: 1,487
edited May 2007 in Vintage Speakers
Post edited by NeilGabriel on

Comments

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited May 2007
    Options
    looks like mon 4's,amazing soundstage for their size and date of inception.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • riglehart
    riglehart Posts: 276
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Ssssshhhhhuuuuushhh. I've been watching those all week. Looks like they are going to go high, though.
    Jolida Tube
    Polk 11T, 7, 5, 5jr, 4
    Standard equip not worth bragging about.
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited May 2007
    Options
  • NeilGabriel
    NeilGabriel Posts: 1,487
    edited May 2007
    Options
    I have not heard 4's, but I know I sure like my 5's and 5 jr+'s better than the 5 jr's. The passive radiator seems to really help IMO. Ebay has a pair of 5b's listed and they are not getting a lot of action (yet).
  • Deadof_knight
    Deadof_knight Posts: 980
    edited May 2007
    Options
    I have bought 3 different pairs for under 40 bucks each time one set went for 19.99. hahaha I stole those. then apair of 4.6 those are the 4s with the black silk tweeter.......75,00 hahahah ebay is great at times
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    ,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • McCelery
    McCelery Posts: 123
    edited May 2007
    Options
    The Monitor 4s I'm trying to sell have a little plastic guard over the inverted tweeter. Which are these? They sound great buy I now have more Polks than I can even hook up at once.

Probably not the best description, but certainly not the same as the silk domes in this Ebay listing. I'm trying to sell them on Craigs right now in San Fran but am not having my usual 24 hour luck in getting rid of stuff. They're in great shape, too - just can't get anyone to stick to a visit time!!