bind post question....

MxStYlEpOlKmAn
MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
My adcom binding post only accept 16 guage wire through the hole, but I can stick 12 guage wire through the top where banana plugs would go, now to my question - will a banana plug that holds 12 guage wire fit into this hole? I am trying to avoid every way possible of using 16 guage wire....
Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
I promised myself
No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
Damn you all! - ATC
Post edited by MxStYlEpOlKmAn on

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited January 2003
    When I bi-wired I could not fit the doubled-up twisted 12 gauge ends through at my Carver's post holes either. So I inserted one and very carefully wrapped the other twisted lead around the post. And wahla... Have had it this way for years with no problems.

Just be damn sure there are zero "rogue" wire strands bridging the posts or touching the amp's back panel (both quite possible on my Carver and probably your Adcom) before you power up and you'll be fine. Double check with a VOM if you want, but you should be able to see any problems.

Best way to avoid creating rogues is to:
    - trim the leads to the proper length - one 3/4 wrap plus just enough for the insulation to clear the post binder; and
    - wrap the bare twisted lead from the top of the post around to the right and under so it matches the direction you turn the binder to tighten it, i.e., clock-wise.

Properly torquing down the post binders will ensure the wires aren't going anywhere. Really finger tight should do, flattening down the wire nicely without squeezing it out.

Should you ever move your amp with the speaker leads connected, double check to be safe before you Boom away ;) and you'll live happily ever after... certainly until you get your bananas...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD