Rythmik Audio Sub

Options
chadjessie@hotm
chadjessie@hotm Posts: 101
edited May 2007 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Couldn't find anything on this when I searched for it. Looking into building a sub for the first time. Have a pretty good idea on how to go about it, I think:D! Was looking into Rythmik audio sub and amp and maybe using their plans for the box. Does anybody have experience with these subs and amps? Are they as good as they talk about them on the website? Any info or ideas will help.
http://www.rythmikaudio.com/index.html
Silversmoky
Post edited by chadjessie@hotm on

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited April 2007
    Options
    It would be a great first sub project as the Rythmics appear to be excellent designs with a high quality driver and amp combo for a reasonable price.Being a low Q sealed box design they should have very tight and detailed sounding bass.Although a large ported box will have greater output capabilites which is benificial for HT , it is hard to beat the sound quality of a properly designed sealed box for music.

I have read user reports on other forums and everyone seems to be very pleased with their Rythmics.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I have a Rythmik Audio plate amp. It is as good, if not better, than most plate amps. I replaced this plate amp with a used pro amp and achieved better results.

I really like the detailed plans the Rythmik Audio website provides. Certainly can't go wrong by using them and following their designs. If you plan to use this sub for HT, go with the 15" ported design.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • chadjessie@hotm
    edited April 2007
    Options
    That 15 caught my eye too. From their information it seems like it would be pretty accurate for a 15. Would this size generally provide lower bass quality? From what I know, which is limited, the 15's provide lower bass but usually sacrifice punch and will distort a little quicker especially with music. Is this right for the most part?
    Silversmoky
  • Early B.
    edited April 2007
    Options
    That 15 caught my eye too. From their information it seems like it would be pretty accurate for a 15. Would this size generally provide lower bass quality? From what I know, which is limited, the 15's provide lower bass but usually sacrifice punch and will distort a little quicker especially with music. Is this right for the most part?

Nope. A well designed 15" driver will work fine for music. In fact, if I were going to buy a sub for music, a 15" driver would be my preference.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

• chadjessie@hotm
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Ok, good to know. So that 15 will be good for both? I probably listen to home theater more than music but would like one to be pretty good at both. That 15 is definitely the one I am most interesting in building an enclosure with!:D Just want to make sure it is of the quality I am looking for and that it is going to work with what I have in mind.
    Silversmoky
  • Early B.
    edited April 2007
    Options
    If you're gonna do HT more than music, yeah, go for the ported version. For music only, go for the sealed one.

• chadjessie@hotm
    edited April 2007
    Options
    O.k. I think I will go ported. Another question if anybody knows. Was just curious how this sub (Rythmik 15 and the one I'm most interested in working with) or the Rythmik 12 would match up to comparing subs from svs? Maybe the plus series?
    Silversmoky
  • chadjessie@hotm
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Just an update and another question!:D I have been working on building the box based on the plans from rythmik. I am going with the 15 inch ported design and so far I am very impressed with the design and detail of the box. Since I am getting fairly close to finishing the rough construction I have been thinking more about the final product. I have everything figured out except for the feet. I have some basic floor spikes (From Parts Express) but I really like the looks of other feet better. I kind of like the looks of the this klipsch.http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speakers/subwoofers/klipsch/PRD_341328_2741crx.aspx but the ones I really like are off of the magnat betasubs here.http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speakers/subwoofers/magnat/PRD_343984_2741crx.aspx I have looked for parts stores online to find them but can't seem to locate them. Does anybody know where I could find them or maybe some sites with similar designs? Thanks for the help!
    Silversmoky