help...these monster cables are scaring me!

Options
justpolkme
justpolkme Posts: 18
edited November 2001 in Technical/Setup
does the monster cable surge protector hts5000 actually control flow of current (as in having a capacitator)...or simply clean it up?
Post edited by justpolkme on

Comments

• trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited November 2001
    Options
    As far as I know the hts5000 is a filter.
    It has a analog meter, and switched and unswitched control, but no capacitor. I think you have to get the avs 2000 to get actual current stability.
    pretty pricey, around $1500.

-Luc
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited November 2001
    Options
    HTS 5000 has the stage 4 filter function and it does its job well, it eliminates almost any kind of interfering to A/V, and it has some dedicated plugs in for audio, video, digital and analog equipment,(audio/video, I ran a vacuum cleaner when watching TV, the video is crystal clear), it also a super surge protector. It does not has the voltage stabilizer function like the AVS 2000 to keep the voltage steady at 125v, the analog voltage meter with tell you the reading of the current voltage, but keep it in mind that the AVS2000 does not have the HTS 5000's functions. So if you buy the AVS2000, you still need to hook it up with the HTS5000. I had the HTS 5000 with my system, and I'm happy with its performance.