speaker wire question

Options
USMC_Junky
USMC_Junky Posts: 3
edited May 2007 in Car Subwoofer Talk
would it be ok to use 10 gauge wire to wire my sub the are dvc 800watt 10"subs wit a 4ohm impedance. im hooking the up to a 2 channel 1000watt amp that is rated for 2 or 4ohms. the only reason i ask this question is because i dont feel like buying more wires and the 10 gauge wire would look good since its red and everything else in my car is also wired with red wires. any info would be much appriciated thanx in advance.
Post edited by USMC_Junky on

Comments

• USMC_Junky
    edited May 2007
    Options
    also if i only invert one of the tree subs would that be ok or would it sound like crap. only want to invert the sub to show off the crome cone.
  • USMC_Junky
    edited May 2007
    Options
    nevermind thanks n e ways just got the info from a buddy who said it will work with no problems but if you think this wont work plz let me know before i do somthing bad thanks.
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited May 2007
    Options
    The wiring will work fine but I don't know about the inverted sub. Haven't really played around with that stuff myself. I think you might have to run one of them out of phase so that they work together instead of battling each other? The car audio guys here can probably help you out with that one.
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Michael's right,
    The wiring will be fine. No need to change there. If you do invert the sub however, you will have to change the phase so that all the sound waves are traveling the same direction. Just switch the wiring on that sub and you will be good to go. Let us know how it sounds when you finish.